Looking for new stereo speaker, replacing Logitech Z906

Aznsteil
Go to solution Solved by Derkoli,
4 hours ago, Aznsteil said:

Thanks to @Derkoli and @rice guru

20191222_210915.jpg

20200106_024654.jpg

Good to see speakers placed decently for once ;)

Hello LTT forum,

since last time you helped me alot, I want to give it another try!

I got myself the Oppo HA-2 SE for my Beyerdynamics DT 1990 Pro, and I'm pretty happy with it. Now I want to upgrade my speakers. Currently I'm owning the Logitech Z906, which I only use 2 speakers due to space problems. I'm listening to music through Tidal/Youtube and playing games.

My thoughts were: I could use the HA2-Se as a DAC and just have to get an Amplifier + 2 speakers. Could you guys give me some advice, where to look, what to buy, or where to get more educated?

Greetings!

1 hour ago, Aznsteil said:

Hello LTT forum,

I got myself the Oppo HA-2 SE for my Beyerdynamics DT 1990 Pro, and I'm pretty happy with it. Now I want to upgrade my speakers. Currently I'm owning the Logitech Z906, which I only use 2 speakers due to space problems. I'm listening to music through Tidal/Youtube and playing games.

My thoughts were: I could use the HA2-Se as a DAC and just have to get an Amplifier + 2 speakers. Could you guys give me some advice, where to look, what to buy, or where to get more educated?

Greetings!

you can deffinitely use the Ha2 as a DAC I use my topping d10 as a dac for both my speaker amp as well as my headphone amp it looks like to se it as a dac you would have to st it to A or B and run a cable out of line out the terminates to an RCA cable  that would plug into your speaker amps. what is your budget in total? I'm not a speaker guy at all but @Derkoli he can probably get you sorted

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

you can deffinitely use the Ha2 as a DAC I use my topping d10 as a dac for both my speaker amp as well as my headphone amp it looks like to se it as a dac you would have to st it to A or B and run a cable out of line out the terminates to an RCA cable  that would plug into your speaker amps. what is your budget in total? I'm not a speaker guy at all but @Derkoli he can probably get you sorted

I have been summoned

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

5 hours ago, Aznsteil said:

Hello LTT forum,

Greetings!

Would be good if we could get a budget, and room size if possible, Also distance between you and the speakers would also be really handy to know.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

5 hours ago, Aznsteil said:

Hello LTT forum,

Greetings!

Also, if your budget is slightly higher than most, and you're in the UK, www.analogueseduction.net is excellent for essentially everything, also Richer sounds: www.richersounds.com

But if you're in the US, then amazon and www.analogueseduction.net would be my go to.

Edited by Derkoli

Hey guys,

I was thinking about 300 ish - at most 400 € for the speaker and that amp / speaker + amp combo unit. My room is about 20 m². I'd use the speaker at about a distance of 1-2 m (left in shelf and right on desk). I'm from germany.

Was reading a little into Tidal's MQA unfolding thingie, and came to the conclusion it isn't really necessary, since a lot of people can't even tell the difference? Bluetooth compatibality would be great if it fits into the budget. I'm searching for that best value for money ratio combo unit if you know what I mean. And before I get into traps like Bose and smart speakers, I'd really like to hear your take on it.

What would you buy with 300 - 400€?

6 minutes ago, Aznsteil said:

Hey guys,

I was thinking about 300 ish - at most 400 € for the speaker and that amp / speaker + amp combo unit. My room is about 20 m². I'd use the speaker at about a distance of 1-2 m (left in shelf and right on desk). I'm from germany.

Was reading a little into Tidal's MQA unfolding thingie, and came to the conclusion it isn't really necessary, since a lot of people can't even tell the difference? Bluetooth compatibality would be great if it fits into the budget. I'm searching for that best value for money ratio combo unit if you know what I mean. And before I get into traps like Bose and smart speakers, I'd really like to hear your take on it.

just want to comment on the bluetooth part many amps accept 2 inputs and bluetooth recievers are pretty cheap as long as you hook it up to on input you should be fine from the bluetooth side of things. just make sure to get something with LDAC or APTx H or APTX  as those are the better codecs for bluetootth audio

16 hours ago, Aznsteil said:

Hey guys,

I would take a look at the Edifier S2000pro's then, the drivers are angled up so they will point towards your ears, have plenty of power, have balanced and single ended inputs, and have a remote if you ever want to use them for a living room with a TV (they also have optical input)

And I cannot hear the difference between "normal" Tidal and the TIDAL Masters (MQA) stuff, and my system is highly resolving (check my signature to see it, it's very high end) so I wouldn't bother with it. Tidal HiFi is plenty enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-S2000pro-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B0725GZQFZ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=edifier+s2000pro&qid=1574700610&sr=8-1

Thank you for that recommendation! I will look into it. Do you have an alternative, so I can have atleast the illusion of having a choice? :D

With that speakers, will I need a subwoofer (is it compatible with one?), like my z906 had?

Sorry, pretty new into audio stuff. I just read into dac's and amp's and headphones until now.

But really really appreciating it!

Thank you for that recommendation! I will look into it. Do you have an alternative, so I can have atleast the illusion of having a choice? :D

With that speakers, will I need a subwoofer (is it compatible with one?), like my z906 had?

Sorry, pretty new into audio stuff. I just read into dac's and amp's and headphones until now.

But really really appreciating it!

With those in the room of your size, you most likely will not need a sub, but you can add one if you like.

Another choice is to go with an amp + speakers, such as this pairing, which is really nice:

https://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-Stereo-Integrated-Amplifier/dp/B078H7ZP8T/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=cambridge+audio+topaz&qid=1574725263&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/DALI-Zensor-1-Black-Ash/dp/B0057X5KF0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dali+zensor+1&qid=1574725504&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-16-Gauge-Audio-Stereo-Speaker/dp/B006LW0WDQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=amazonbasics+16+gauge&qid=1574725531&sr=8-1

These are also an excellent speakers for the price: https://www.amazon.com/ELAC-Uni-fi-Bookshelf-Speaker-Black/dp/B01CRYWVG2/ref=pd_cp_23_3/137-1256805-5751720?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01CRYWVG2&pd_rd_r=a9d09e67-b3d3-4d28-94ea-cab56efec238&pd_rd_w=OGX1a&pd_rd_wg=YKriC&pf_rd_p=0e5324e1-c848-4872-bbd5-5be6baedf80e&pf_rd_r=DZCWW1V0BWVFHGM98D9S&psc=1&refRID=DZCWW1V0BWVFHGM98D9S

Guys actually omg :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the time and effort! I will immediately look into it

really appreciating it!

14 hours ago, Aznsteil said:

Guys actually omg :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the time and effort! I will immediately look into it

really appreciating it!

No problem!

If you have any more questions dont be afraid to ask :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to @Derkoli and @rice guru

20191222_210915.jpg

20200106_024654.jpg

Good to see speakers placed decently for once ;)