Downgrade from 4k to 1440p screen

name66

Hello, can you get used to 1440 p monito when downgrading from 4K after some time ? Screen size 27". I am photographer and gamer. Previously i had 1440p screen for both editing and gaming and was totally happy, but then I left gaming for a year and bought 60hz 4k screen instead. Now i am back to gaming and bought 144hz 1440p nano-ips gaming screen which would be totally fine for photo editing after calibration. But the problem is photos are not as crisp (in some cases-in other cases its hard to tell the difference). Does someone have the same experience ? Can your eyes get used to 1440p again ? I would preferably sell my 4k 60hz as I dont like having 2 screens, otherwise I would just keep it for photo editing. I like all about my new 1440p 144hz gsync nano ips ( fluency of everything, ofc gaming, and colors are maybe even better than my 4k). Thanks

It's actually an upgrade depending on your hardware,  because upscaling is never a good thing. 

So yes, you can get used to better image quality I guess!   :)

Spoiler

As for editing 4 k photos,  I dunno,  it would probably be better to use a 4 k screen for that,  otherwise the above still applies 

Upscaling means worse IQ

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer