Cooling options for BitFenix Phenom M. Please help!!

minimalist

Attached is a rough sketch of how I'm thinking of setting up fans in the case.  I'm slightly worried because I'm not sure if a Be Quiet! Dark Pro 3 will fit but in the recent video Linus posted, the Shadow Rock 2 fit and the Dark Pro 3 is only slightly bigger.  If anyone knows a good way to find out if it will I'd appreciate it.  Anyway, the fans.  The sketch is the proposed setup.  

I'm not sure if I should take the last fan closest to the back off and just attach it to the case as an exhaust since it will be SOOO close to the back of the case anyway.  You can see how close in the photo snapped of Linus's build.  Keep in mind, the Dark Pro 3 will be slightly bigger and closer.  Or if I should try and fit a fan on the back next to the cpu cooler with both fans attached.  Is that overkill?

As for the other fans, what do you think? Thanks guys!

The left side of the photo is the front and the right side is the back.

post-57145-0-74989500-1391829156_thumb.j

post-57145-0-76993300-1391829516.png

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

the dark rock pro 3 is only 3mm taller than the shadow rock 2. you should be fine.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

the dark rock pro 3 is only 3mm taller than the shadow rock 2. you should be fine.

The thing that concerns me is the width--how close it comes to the back. In the 2nd picture it's hard to see but there's a fan on the right and one isn't attached to the heat sink. What I'm stuck with is the fact that the rock pro 3 has a fan on the back. Should there be a fan right next to the fan on the heat sink? Should I take that fan off of the heat sink and put it on the back of the case? I'm kind of confused.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

The thing that concerns me is the width--how close it comes to the back. In the 2nd picture it's hard to see but there's a fan on the right and one isn't attached to the heat sink. What I'm stuck with is the fact that the rock pro 3 has a fan on the back. Should there be a fan right next to the fan on the heat sink? Should I take that fan off of the heat sink and put it on the back of the case? I'm kind of confused.

it doesnt matter where you put the fan. on the backside of the heatsink, in the back of the case, on the front of the heatsink, it wont have a noticable impact on performance.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

it doesnt matter where you put the fan. on the backside of the heatsink, in the back of the case, on the front of the heatsink, it wont have a noticable impact on performance.

Okay cool.  I really wasn't sure if it was overkill or even detrimental to have a setup that was basically, fan/heatsink/fan/heatsink/fan.  Most I've seen are fan/heatsink/fan/heatsink.