which air cooler

Patgecko

I was wondering what was a good air cooler that's pretty quiet and not too difficult to install.

noctua nh-d14

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Noctua NH-D14 Except the RAM Clearance thing. Or the Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Budget?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

no real strict budget I would like to spend less than $100 though

Another tally for Phanteks and Noctua, here.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

What are you cooling? Case you are putting it in?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

U14S is viable option against D14.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are you cooling? Case you are putting it in?

I'll be cooling my cpu probably an i5 4670k or 5th gen i5, when that comes out. I'll have a fractal define r4 as my case

I'll be cooling my cpu probably an i5 4670k or 5th gen i5, when that comes out. I'll have a fractal define r4 as my case

How high of an oc are you shooting for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Bequiet dark rock 3 (Pro)// shadow rock 2.

The big ass cooler from phanteks, don-t remember the number. Noctua nhd14 if you get the non-window R4.

Make sure to pair it with low profile RAM.

who cares...

How high of an oc are you shooting for?

4.0 ghz 

4.0 ghz 

The 212 Evo is more than enough for that. 

what about this fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709011

do you think I could OC an i5 4670k to 4.4-4.6 ghz

The 212 Evo would be enough for ~4.5 ghz depending on the chip and will most likely easily hit 4.2 ghz.

The PH-TC14PE is enough for 4.6+ ghz but again, it depends on the chip. If you're just gaming, I would say it isn't worth the money over the 212 Evo. 

Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 if you have tall RAM or BQ! Dark Rock PRO 3 if have low profile RAM....The CRYORIG R1 Ultimate is a solid choice as well.