Windows notification sound when Shutdown

Piet1Fish

Hey all,

so my girlfriend got a new laptop, so far so good, which gives out the normal Windows notification sound. So far so normal but, it even makes notification sounds when it‘s shutdown. I mean completly shutdown!  Never encountered it before. Of course I can just turn them off in Windows, but I‘m wondering how it‘s even possible. (Turning on the Windows function for non disturbance time worked, so I‘m pretty sure it actually is Windows and not some weird notification from the machine)

Please send help!

Google didn‘t...

greetings

Peter

depending on how fast you close the laptop it might go into slumber mode whilst trying to turn off, if a program is running whilst that is happening it will ask if you're sure you want to turn off the computer and if you don't answer within 10 seconds it will cancel the shutdown process and go into slumber mode instead this will still allow notifications to sound if i'm not mistaken,

but i'd suggest that you just turn off notifications, personally i have never used then and never will

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.