Battlefield 5 (and 1), DX11 vs DX12 input latency, stutters at high frame rate?

Otto_iii

I'm going to guess this has been touched on before so will keep it short, but playing BFV with DX12 i get way way more frames, could probably easily break 160fps, don't know as i have it restricted as to not break FreeSync range of 144hz monitor locking it at 120hz ingame, but with DX12 i get great frames yet the whole game feels weird.  Im on RX590 for what its worth.  With DX11 i lose both CPU and GPU utilization (as in it tanks my system much less, but produces less frame-rates) and frames get reduced to 90-120, instead of constantly pinging above the 120fps cap i have set ingame, but it feels LESS stuttery then DX12, like there is less lag.  I get a dramatic sense of imput latency with DX12 because reliably (possibly psychosomatic, addict insane) lose more fair 1v1s, feel like im behind the game, i see somebody and they are already shooting at me rather me seeing them, having good chance to make first shot, feels like i genuinely have latency problems i dont see in 90% of games.

Any clue about this?

If there was no Change, Freesync max range is 75Hz.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

in BF5? because that certainly isn't case with my monitor.  I once had windows configured to 119 herts running PUBG at 120hz accidentally (ingame limit), and it was constantly tearing, once i figured out windows reset it to 119 and put it back to 144 freesync started working properly at said range of 120+

Just now, Otto_iii said:

in BF5? because that certainly isn't case with my monitor

Doesnt matter what Game

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Otto_iii said:

proof?

What proof? Sync Tech. has nothing to do with the Game you play. lol.

5 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I though Freesync worked from 9 to 240Hz ?

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

yeah im pretty sure it does, its just down to monitor and apparently (from what i learned by windows resetting itself to 119hz occasionally) windows specified refresh limit that you have selected

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

What proof? Sync Tech. has nothing to do with the Game you play. lol.

Um......

Freesync usually goes from about 48hz to whatever the monitor is certified for. 

Some go lower than 48hz but i havent seen one that goes above that on the minimum refreshrate. 

3 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

35-75 was at release. Possible there was a change. But it has 100% nothing to do with the Game you play

bros i just wanna know why DX12 in BF5 feels like a laggy mess with vsync enabled even when i have vsync turned off, not rumors about how freesync works

or if nothing else if anybody else has noticed this or if im just making crap up

2 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

yeah im pretty sure it does, its just down to monitor and apparently (from what i learned by windows resetting itself to 119hz occasionally) windows specified refresh limit that you have selected

Oh, I never had that problem, usually the new games see that my monitor is set to 144Hz and the games then use the proper settings to have the maximum refresh rate without losing too much image quality.

3 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Oh, I never had that problem, usually the new games see that my monitor is set to 144Hz and the games then use the proper settings to have the maximum refresh rate without losing too much image quality.

i swap between 1 and 2 monitors alot with alt+p because my old 2nd monitor has alot of blue light that screws my eyes in the butt (oof ouchy blurry vision), not sure if that causes the issue but seems to happen randomly after doing this alot, doesn't happen often but occasionally just happens

12 minutes ago, Praesi said:

35-75 was at release. Possible there was a change. But it has 100% nothing to do with the Game you play

That was like over 2 years ago? Nowadays many Freesync monitors work at 48hz-144hz range, still depend on which model we talked about.

All those Gsync-Compatible Freesync monitor is usually 144hz. 

https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

But my FPS is at 100-140 depending of the game though :( 

6 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

bros i just wanna know why DX12 in BF5 feels like a laggy mess with vsync enabled even when i have vsync turned off, not rumors about how freesync works

or if nothing else if anybody else has noticed this or if im just making crap up

I read that VSync is not really good with Freesync :

This helps remove stuttering delays caused by the video interface having to finish the current frame, and screen tearing when starting a new frame in the middle of transmission (with vertical sync off).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeSync

24 minutes ago, Praesi said:

That there is very outdated info........

Very, very few monitors do as badly as that in terms of freesync range. 

13 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

That was like over 2 years ago? Nowadays many Freesync monitors work at 48hz-144hz range, still depend on which model we talked about.

All those Gsync-Compatible Freesync monitor is usually 144hz. 

https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

Maybe, but Gsync compatible is a Myth. No Gsync Module=no Gsync.

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Have you payed attention to monitors the last 3 years

Nvidia gives out Gsync Compatible certifications. 

And they opened themselves to Vesa adaptive sync, meaning all DP freesync monitors works with them. (With the exception of panels dont even work with freesync)

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Have you payed attention to monitors the last 3 years

Nvidia gives out Gsync Compatible certifications. 

And they opened themselves to Vesa adaptive sync, meaning all DP freesync monitors works with them. (With the exception of panels dont even work with freesync)

No Gsync Module = No Gsync. Not that hard to understand. No matter what Marketing Talk.

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

No Gsync Module = No Gsync. Not that hard to understand. No matter what Marketing Talk.

Ask Nvidia.......

They started Gsync compatible in which they certify Vesa Adaptive sync for their GPUs. 

They are the ones calling it Gsync. Meaning its whatever they think it is. 

The myth you are talking about is what Nvidia started kn Jnauary when they open up Gsync to Vesa Adaptive sync. 

Monitors with Gsync modules are now "Gsync Ultimate" iirc. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Ask Nvidia.......

They started Gsync compatible in which they certify Vesa Adaptive sync for their GPUs. 

They are the ones calling it Gsync. Meaning its whatever they think it is. 

The myth you are talking about is what Nvidia started kn Jnauary when they open up Gsync to Vesa Adaptive sync. 

Monitors with Gsync modules are now "Gsync Ultimate" iirc. 

Like i said. Marketing talk. Something NVidia is good at. I wish there were more than 2 GPU Companies...

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Like i said. Marketing talk. Something NVidia is good at. I wish there were more than 2 GPU Companies...

Gsync is marketing talk for adaptive sync.........

Soooooo

Gsync now includes Vesa adaptive sync. The same way freesync is marketing for Vesa adaptive sync. 

Gsync ultimate is marketing talk for when it has a Gsync module. Which in itself marketing talk for an Adaptive sync module. 

In other words Gsync is including adaptive Sync. Which is what freesync is. 

Now draw a venn diagram and you will see it doesnt matter what your year old marketing material says. This is how it is now. 

18 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Gsync is marketing talk for adaptive sync.........

Soooooo

Gsync now includes Vesa adaptive sync. The same way freesync is marketing for Vesa adaptive sync. 

Gsync ultimate is marketing talk for when it has a Gsync module. Which in itself marketing talk for an Adaptive sync module. 

In other words Gsync is including adaptive Sync. Which is what freesync is. 

Now draw a venn diagram and you will see it doesnt matter what your year old marketing material says. This is how it is now. 

I know true Gsync. Thats all that matters to me. 

If People spend Money on this other Marketing BS, not my Problem.

Just now, Praesi said:

I know true Gsync.

you mean Gsync that meets "Gsync ultimate" specs. which is the differing factor. 

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

If People spend Money on this other Marketing BS, not my Problem.

it is your problem when speaking of freesync specs from many years ago and saying Gsync compatible is not a thing. when it very much is. regardless of the marketing material says

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

I've tried both, totally feels the same. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |