Fan questions w/ BitFenix Prodigy M

jem.graham

Hey guys

Looking for some advice on fans in my new case.

I've had an idea of where to put my fans already so I've drawn up this quick sketch

http://imgur.com/gfx5l9I

Is there anything I could do so change this for better performance?

I'm getting a Corsair H80i as my CPU cooler.

Thanks, Jem:)

Hey guys

Looking for some advice on fans in my new case.

I've had an idea of where to put my fans already so I've drawn up this quick sketch

http://imgur.com/gfx5l9I

Is there anything I could do so change this for better performance?

I'm getting a Corsair H80i as my CPU cooler.

Thanks, Jem:)

I see that you're going to have the rear fans as an intake. If want the rear as an intake then I suggest you get a air filter for it.

You can get magnetic ones that just slap on to the metal case so that'd be easy.

But yeah... that setup should work. 

My only concern is that the thickness of a h80 in push/ pull may cover the cpu socket. You may not be able to put the cpu block in or the h80 in push/ pull.

That all depends where the CPU socket is situated of course.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I see that you're going to have the rear fans as an intake. If want the rear as an intake then I suggest you get a air filter for it.

You can get magnetic ones that just slap on to the metal case so that'd be easy.

But yeah... that setup should work. 

My only concern is that the thickness of a h80 in push/ pull may cover the cpu socket. You may not be able to put the cpu block in or the h80 in push/ pull.

That all depends where the CPU socket is situated of course.

Yeah I was worried about that to. I'll look into the fan filter but I'll do some research into dimensions of the h80i/prodigy

Yeah I was worried about that to. I'll look into the fan filter but I'll do some research into dimensions of the h80i/prodigy

Check out DEMCI Flex for dust filters.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

My Phenom M has:

top 2x120 intake.

bottom 1x230 intake.

rear 1x120 with rad exhaust.

It's summer here now and my case temps are around 33c idle 40c load with an ambient of 27/28c.

cpu & gpu are both between 65c & 70c under gaming load. 

Aesthetically looks better too. The rear fan is the most prominent and as an exhaust you look at the "good side" of the fan.

My custom Bitfenix PheNomNomNoM build log.

i5 4670k + ASUS R9 280X DC2Top. Custom window. Custom fan mounts. Custom HDD mount. Custom keyboard. LED lighting. AIO waterworks. Properly cable managed. All 5 expansion slots fully operational.

I would swap bottom to intake and rear to exhaust. Though if your PSU isn't intaking inside case that could work also.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv