Running audio through the walls of my house

Lenovo1984

I would like to run audio through the walls of my house using the existing telephone cabling. Does anyone know of a way to do this? The speakers aren't very high power, and neither is the amp. The house has CAT5E run to the telephone sockets. The run won't be very long. 

3 minutes ago, circeseye said:

um i wouldnt recommend that
wrong gauge wire period.

longer the cable ran thicker gauge is needed 
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ahHscqyKwx1/learn/learningcenter/home/inwall_wiring.html

Are you sure it wouldn't work with CAT5E? I've tested it with a 100 ft. run of CAT5E before, but I don't know how the pairing would work for telephone sockets when run with CAT5E. I don't know how the sockets are connected (or if they even are), do you have any ideas on how to check?

1 hour ago, Lenovo1984 said:

Are you sure it wouldn't work with CAT5E? I've tested it with a 100 ft. run of CAT5E before, but I don't know how the pairing would work for telephone sockets when run with CAT5E. I don't know how the sockets are connected (or if they even are), do you have any ideas on how to check?

they would be wired like you do a plug
but those small of single wires cant handle watts that amps produce. they are low voltage ohm wires at this point, remember these are single strand wire. speaker wire has multiple strands of that single one (24 gauge)
you would need to use 2 wires per line min to run a low watt but still i wouldnt
smaller the wire and longer the run causes power drop and degradation of the sound at the speaker

cat5_network_wiring_diagram-116ilyz.gif

Not to mention possible fire hazard depending on the power of the speakers. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)