Is Windows 8 Good As A Gaming Platform Or Should I Get Win 7?

Windows & is better for PC use and Windows 8 is better for touch screen devices  why the devices to add it to PC as a new OP is beyond me but hey that's just my opinion, Windows 8 is alot better with the start menu added to it but not as compatiable with all programs at tthis stage but should hopefully improve when they bring out Service Pack 1 for Windows 8.

Windows 8 runs a lot smoother. Just install start8, not free but its cheap like 5$ or something.

Been using Windows 8 since december last year. Had no problems running games. 

Just learn how to use the new interface instea dof being stuck in time.

The only reason why you think that the Start Menu is better, is because that is what you are used to.

Simple as that.

In all honesty get which ever os you will enjoy using as no one else will be using it, we can tell you our likes and dislikes but these will not mirror your personal views

In all honesty get which ever os you will enjoy using as no one else will be using it, we can tell you our likes and dislikes but these will not mirror your personal views

If im honest... Windows 7... 

Say why, or he won't know.

Windows8 has never given me any issues while gaming( or in general). Honestly i had more issues with Windows7. 

Windows 8 works perfectly fine with mainstream titles. It's not any worse of an OS from a performance or graphics driver standpoint from my experience.

But with indie games (real underground indie games like Nitronic Rush or DJMax Trilogy) or if you like installing buttloads of mods, I'd stick to 7 until 8 gets more dominant. If you have a lot of peripherals, you might want to check drivers for those as well, or maybe look into disabling driver signatures.

All drivers from Win7 works under Win8.

When Windows 8 was in beta, or when Windows 7 was in beta... how do you think people got it running on their system? They juts run the previous version of Windows drivers. Except for Vista... 'cause that was a new core and all that.. but Win8 is based on Win7, and that is based on Vista.

All you have to do, is by-pass the OS check from the setup, if it does have such code, by running under compatibility mode of Win7.

For me Windows 8 is something like Vista. It will die in the next couple years.... I was trying it for 5 months, and I had weird issues(games, Adobe programs etc.) 

Personally I feel like 8 runs a lot better than 7.

In my experience Windows 8 has made my system a lot more fluid and responsive, it plays games great too, my graphics card seems to run better on 8. I was debating going back to Windows 7, but after getting used to it all, I'm just going to stick with 8.

Regarding games, like I said it plays them great, have had no problem with them apart from GTA IV being a pain, as well as, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box :P

But as others have said, what we like may not be what you like, it all comes down to personal preference :) You'll be good with either one of them.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Get Win8
It's the newer OS hence it will be updated longer plus for gaming I even like Win8 better because I can tab out of games to the start menu and check Skype or Facebook etc. which windows7 didn't let me do in most games.

I don't mind not having a start menu because I'm a folder guy who always needs to know where everything on his PC is anyways :D (but I feel with you start menu guys ;b)

Never had any compability problems with Win8. Actually I had more with Win7.
A old Headset of mine works on Win8 but not 7.
My printer drivers installed themselves after just plugging in the USB.. In Win7 I had to search and install them manually ( I have a entry level HP Inkjet ~ 100 dollars)

I play StarCraft1 and Age of Empires 2 flawlessly.
And the new Task Manager is great.
I can totally recommend Windows 8

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

For me Windows 8 is something like Vista. It will die in the next couple years.... I was trying it for 5 months, and I had weird issues(games, Adobe programs etc.) 

Windows 8 is already far more liked than Vista ever was.

I LOVE the start button xD so for me windows 7 is better.

if thats the onbly reason then got to win 8 and get a custom start button. although i have to say all i do with mine is use it for shutdown/hibernate :P

Wait untill WIndows 8 'blue' or whatever they are going to call it, or get 7 now, I'm really happy I stayed with 7 on this gaming desktop...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?