Heavy Duty Cable Management - Help Needed

Hey everybody,

So I have a high density system with about $10,000 in electronics on it and I'm looking for a good solution for quality and heavy duty cable management. Below I have listed all of my hardware and cables in hopes that somebody might have an idea of what I can use. I have tried a multitude of things to try and get my cables cleaned up. It's not just aesthetics. There are so many cables that if they aren't managed properly they get damaged, unplugged, etc. Previous solutions have broken due to lack of quality, refused to stick (low quality adhesive), etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hardware:

High End PC

Triple monitors on a desk mounted bracket.

High end XLR microphone

High end multi-track audio mixer

Decent speaker system with hardwired volume dial

Various small peripherals

Guitar connections and pedal board

Home NAS

XBOX One X

Nintendo Switch

Cables:

5 1/4in audio cables

4 3.5mm audio cables

1 XLR audio cable

2 optical audio cables

12 general interconnecting/hardwired audio cables

3 Displayport cables

3 HDMI cables

2 RJ45 Cables (Ethernet)

8 Peripheral hardwired cables (Such as wireless antenna cables)

15 USB cables

15 power cables ranging from light to heavy

2 heavy duty surge protectors (Power bars)

Desk:

L Shaped light desk (Metal frame, Dense particle board surface with laminate surfaces)

Edited by Daarkblood
Clearer title for purpose of post.

Use trunking to route cables to their destination. Use cable braid or a similar alternative to route the cable from the trunking to the device. This solution works for my setup, which has 4 PCs, a rack server, a CCTV system and a door entry system.

Edited by LogicalDrm

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

On 11/16/2019 at 12:21 PM, Faisal A said:

Use trunking to route cables to their destination. ...

The only problem with this is that:

1. The cables are VERY heavy and most trunking isn't sturdy enough to hold the cables.

2. The cables are really thick so any standard small cable solutions are out the window.

3. I have to be able to mount it to the metal frame of my desk of have sufficient clamps to keep it on.

Edited by LogicalDrm

@Daarkblood I use the mentioned system for cable 15mm - 20mm thick, and about 5 of them in one piece of massive trunking and it worked perfectly fine for me. The cable were around 1kg per 1.5meters. You can use cable braid for things like monitor cables e.t.c. Use the 50mm thick trunking for the heavy cables, and for light cable like monitor cables, use 20mm trunking. You can screw the trunking into the wall for extra strength.

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

1 minute ago, Faisal A said:

@Daarkblood I use the mentioned system for cable 15mm - 20mm thick, and about 5 of them in one piece of massive trunking and it worked perfectly fine for me. The cable were around 1kg per 1.5meters. You can use cable braid for things like monitor cables e.t.c. Use the 50mm thick trunking for the heavy cables, and for light cable like monitor cables, use 20mm trunking. You can screw the trunking into the wall for extra strength.

Will this be a great idea if the distances are incredibly small? The longest cable is probably 10ft long (with the exception of some 1/4 in jacks for my instruments). The desk space is about 16ft2 with a maximum travel distance of 15ft. Also, I hate to ask, but would you mind providing an amazon link to explain what you are talking about exactly?

• 4 weeks later...

U can always install a cable tray under ur desk like this in the photo . It can handle all the cables. I had the same problem with my setup .

15763127871783378734371003370205.jpg