New PC low FPS

lasogna

I built a new PC with R5 3600, RX 5700, and 16 GB RAM. I'm getting around 50 FPS on High settings at 1080p in GTA and Ghost Recon Wildlands (also in Insurgency Sandstorm but that game is unoptimized). My 3DMark graphics scores are normal (7,486 on Time Spy and 23,303 on Firestrike), but my CPU gets low scores (6,299 on Time Spy and 17,752 on Firestrike). Yet my Cinebench scores are normal (479 single, 3,411 CPU). I have the Ryzen High Performance Power plan selected, V-sync off, freesync disabled, XMP enabled, newest drivers, and normal temps. Any help would be appreciated.

Without having ever played either game, I would say it's possible you are CPU bottlenecked. the RX 5700 is definitely not the problem. That things a beast. Does anyone else agree? I'm no expert on this by any means, but that's my two cents.

MY RIG: Corsair Crystal Series 460X Case | MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi X570 Board | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | LTT Edition Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black (with attached low-noise adapters) | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz CL18 RAM | Asrock Radeon RX 5700 8GB (XT VBIOS Flashed) | Crucial MX500 SATA III 500GB SSD | Corsair HD750 80+ Platinum 750 PSU | 4x Corsair SP120 Case Fans | ASUS VE 247H 24" Full HD Monitor | Logitech K345 Keyboard | Anker A7851 Vertical Mouse | Elegiant Sounbar 288929 | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jeremygd/saved/gnXBZL

2 hours ago, jGD said:

Without having ever played either game, I would say it's possible you are CPU bottlenecked. the RX 5700 is definitely not the problem. That things a beast. Does anyone else agree? I'm no expert on this by any means, but that's my two cents.

50fps 1080p high in old games?

I don't think that's likely with the 3600

I think there's probably something else going on - are you sure you have your memory in dual channel?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

58 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

50fps 1080p high in old games?

I don't think that's likely with the 3600

I think there's probably something else going on - are you sure you have your memory in dual channel?

Yeah, CPU-Z says so. 

6 hours ago, jGD said:

I would say it's possible you are CPU bottlenecked

I doubt that. The Ryzen 5 3600 is a new model like the 5700xt. I have a rig from 1 1/2 years ago with a Ryzen 5 1500x and a 1060 6GB and get 70fps+ on high settings.

11 hours ago, lasogna said:

I have the Ryzen High Performance Power plan selected, V-sync off, freesync disabled, XMP enabled, newest drivers, and normal temps.

I am no expert and I can't help that much but maybe your new drivers are bad? I mean it sometimes happens that newer drivers are performing worse than older ones. 

I am assuming you're using Windows 10? Maybe something's wrong with windows itself. Tried updating it? Maybe the Mainboard is at fault, but I don't know exactly.

23 hours ago, lasogna said:

I built a new PC with R5 3600, RX 5700, and 16 GB RAM. I'm getting around 50 FPS on High settings at 1080p in GTA and Ghost Recon Wildlands (also in Insurgency Sandstorm but that game is unoptimized). My 3DMark graphics scores are normal (7,486 on Time Spy and 23,303 on Firestrike), but my CPU gets low scores (6,299 on Time Spy and 17,752 on Firestrike). Yet my Cinebench scores are normal (479 single, 3,411 CPU). I have the Ryzen High Performance Power plan selected, V-sync off, freesync disabled, XMP enabled, newest drivers, and normal temps. Any help would be appreciated.

DDU and reinstall both CPU and GPU drivers, and try flashing bios as well if you can.

If that doesn't work, try a clean install of windows

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Reinstall drivers, clean the pc up (both hw and software), check for win updates, disable running programs in the background, turn off unnecessary services, close chrome and inspect elements inside win performance Manager to see if sth is drawing power and choking your games. Ram channels wouldn't make too much of a fps difference in games, GPU is damn fine, cpu could be a bit of a bottleneck but that's why you could close everything else when starting the game up.

run sfc/scannow in cmd (as admin) to check for OS errors and Google your chipset and video drivers version to see if people have issues with them. 

Trim your ssd. Run Windows maintenance.

Sounds funny but sometimes the AC socket can cause issues due to power imbalance and plugging the pc into another socket fixes weird fps issues (if it were to be the problem you'd have it in any game though).

Reinstalling Windows is also an option.

You said cpu runs at normal temps so insufficient cooling is out of the question. PSU should also be fine.

Try optimizing game settings for lower cpu consumption if it comes down to bottleneck and you don't find any other problems.

8 hours ago, jGD said:

The Ryzen 3600 is currently the best "gaming CPU" for bang for buck so no, I don't think anyone will agree with you. ?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

The Ryzen 3600 is currently the best "gaming CPU" for bang for buck so no, I don't think anyone will agree with you. ?

I'm probably wrong. Most reviewers are touting the 3600 ad the best gaming for the buck also... I'm a little biased to my 3800X...

MY RIG: Corsair Crystal Series 460X Case | MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi X570 Board | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | LTT Edition Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black (with attached low-noise adapters) | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz CL18 RAM | Asrock Radeon RX 5700 8GB (XT VBIOS Flashed) | Crucial MX500 SATA III 500GB SSD | Corsair HD750 80+ Platinum 750 PSU | 4x Corsair SP120 Case Fans | ASUS VE 247H 24" Full HD Monitor | Logitech K345 Keyboard | Anker A7851 Vertical Mouse | Elegiant Sounbar 288929 | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jeremygd/saved/gnXBZL