S4 (AT&T SHG-I337) Not Connecting to Computer

Giddyguy

So my S4 won't connect to either of my computers (in my sig). I have installed the USB drivers, uninstalled them, installed kies, uninstalled kies, let windows install drivers but nothing works. My computer recognizes a samsung phone (in the safely remove hardware thing in the taskbar) when the phone is in USB debugging mode but the internal storage doesn't show up(i don't have an external sd card in the slot either). I think the phone is supposed to go into MTP mode so I can access the internal storage as a type of storage drive on in my computer. However i think my s4 isn't going into this mode. Do you guys know a solution?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

try changing the mount settings of the phone: settings --> storage --> usb computer connection. 

check about USB debugging maybe?

opps forgot to mention, it is in debugging mode. ill edit the main post.

try changing the mount settings of the phone: settings --> storage --> usb computer connection. 

i have android 4.2.2 stock touchwiz and there is no such option. how do i access that? thanks

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

opps forgot to mention, it is in debugging mode. ill edit the main post.

i have android 4.2.2 stock touchwiz and there is no such option. how do i access that? thanks

Ding ding ding. That's your issue, turn of USB debugging

Ding ding ding. That's your issue, turn of USB debugging

nope when debugging mode is off, the device is completely unrecognized.

when you plug in a usb cable you're supposed to get a promp in the notification pull-down thing that takes you to usb utilities settings. I don't get that dropdown.

Delltopia