Redmi Note 5 Pro USB not connecting

Aristotle2019

My dad has a Redmi Note 5 Pro and he wants me to transfer all photos from his phone to our home pc. However, when connecting it via ANY USB cable, his phone starts charging, but doesn't register it as a USB data transfer cable. The cable works fine with any other phone for transfering anything. His phone doesn't even show those options - for charging only, media transfer or photo transfer. He also faces some problems where when he reboots the phone it goes into MI fast boot which doesn't load into Android directly unless he holds the power button continuously during fast boot which in that case goes back into standard android boot. His phone is giving these problems. 

Can anyone provide any solution to this? These problems came after he got his phone serviced in the official MI store. He will change the phone within the next couple months or make it his secondary phone, but as of now, he needs some sort of solution and especially he needs to backup the photos. 

25 minutes ago, Aristotle2019 said:

My dad has a Redmi Note 5 Pro and he wants me to transfer all photos from his phone to our home pc. However, when connecting it via ANY USB cable, his phone starts charging, but doesn't register it as a USB data transfer cable. The cable works fine with any other phone for transfering anything. His phone doesn't even show those options - for charging only, media transfer or photo transfer. He also faces some problems where when he reboots the phone it goes into MI fast boot which doesn't load into Android directly unless he holds the power button continuously during fast boot which in that case goes back into standard android boot. His phone is giving these problems. 

Can anyone provide any solution to this? These problems came after he got his phone serviced in the official MI store. He will change the phone within the next couple months or make it his secondary phone, but as of now, he needs some sort of solution and especially he needs to backup the photos. 

I would suggest going back to the store where it was originally serviced and start there. Seems like they messed up the phone somehow. Also i would recommend asking this question on forums specifically dedicated to your device as you would get a better answer somewhere else to be honest.  

Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

1 hour ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

recommend asking this question on forums specifically dedicated to your device

Thanks for your help 

I will check out if Redmi has any sort of community forum or not