3900x or 9900k?

Steve.604
19 hours ago, Steve.604 said:

I've googled for days trying to answer my questions and I need some help.

Current build:

6700k 4.6 GHZ OC AIO cooled

GTX 980

32GB ram

3440x1440 60hz main monitor

I think I'm running into a CPU bottleneck

I have 2 use cases, My main use case, I let my ADD run wild haha,  I run a couple of android emulators, 3 screens and multi task like crazy, no rending or anything like that, but lots of tabs, multimedia, random programs, remote in to plex server, camera server etc. I get to the point where my mouse with start freaking out cause the CPU is pinned

Second, I game, only some what regularly on PC, but don't like to sacrifice too much on graphics quality when I do

As I type this with all the things I have running I'm hitting 90% CPU usage, 58% ram usage, 17% GPU usage and 51% GPU memory, this is about normal for my everyday use

Playing the new CoD:MW is the first game I've played recently that has left me feeling low on power, my CPU runs pretty much at 100%, especially in ground war

New build:

My plan is to update just my mobo and CPU right now cause I need the cores, pick up some new memory when I see a good deal, and go with the RTX 3080 or what ever Nvidia calls it when it comes out, probably get a 3440x1440 hdr 144hz panel then too. With potentially full custom water cooling at that time if there is money left over

My budget is far from unlimited but if there is value I have no problem spending the extra cash.

So my question:

9900k or 3900x? Is the extra $200 or so Canadian peso's the 3900x going to cost me for the mobo and cpu worth it for my use case, factoring in gen 4 pcie when the rtx 3080 releases?

I have zero experience with these high core count processors, How many cores is enough cores? Is gen 4 pcie a big deal or no? I would like 5 years out of the CPU

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been answered, but last build I spent a lot of cash and regretted a couple choices cause I didn't do my research

You should get rtx, and close Google chrome.

2 minutes ago, Steve.604 said:

That board is sexy AF, I might be in love lol

Your welcome, its nice cause it has a great design but there arent too many extra colors so it fits most builds great.

IM BACK BABY

43 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

You should get rtx, and close Google chrome.

that is probably the best price to performance option I can employ lol

10 hours ago, kurtstir said:

Your welcome, its nice cause it has a great design but there arent too many extra colors so it fits most builds great.

The Taichi is a great motherboard, not only the looks :)

4 hours ago, SliceT said:

The Taichi is a great motherboard, not only the looks :)

I wanna get it to but it’s pricey 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂