Issues with GPU drivers

Chromastorm69

Hello everybody!

I'm currently facing a really weird problem with my GPU drivers for my laptop.

It has an APU+GPU combo (a8-7410 + r7-360m). I'd like to install AMD drivers, but they seem to be corrupted or something like that, because my laptop won't boot properly in windows after fresh install of drivers.

I already used the DDU uninstaller, even installed some older drivers, but sadly without luck - I wasn't able to boot into windows properly after clean install of the latest AMD drivers, however, I was able to boot normally and even use the computer with windows drivers installed - but performance kinda sucks; everything is responding much slower.

What else can I try?

Look for drivers direct form laptop manufacturers website as well as try windows safe mode and built in troubleshooting/diagnostics.

EDIT and update windows

Thanks for your reply!

I installed drivers from HP website and I'm facing a new problem right now. Everything is working fine, except MS Office. No text is displayed at all, only icons are working normally. I tried troubleshooting as well and that didn't help.

• 2 months later...

try installing Radeon 17.4.4, this is the last version working for AMD a8 APUs more recent drivers are causing issues with input (like massive mouse stutter or screen blackouts..

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:44 PM, NerdyGlasses said:

try installing Radeon 17.4.4, this is the last version working for AMD a8 APUs more recent drivers are causing issues with input (like massive mouse stutter or screen blackouts..

I installed 17.4.4 version, but I always get the "1603 error". Is that normal?

I followed these instructions here https://appuals.com/fix-amd-error-1603/ but the problem doesn't disappear.