GSuite Admin - Cannot Add Minecraft to Managed Chromebooks

Cosmic Railgun

I work for an organization that is looking to roll out Minecraft to some managed chromebooks, which in theory have the ability to run it. However when I go to add Minecraft to the list of allowed Play Store apps, it will not let me. It seems to let me allow any other app except Minecraft. Does anyone know why this might be? Here is a video clip showing the issue

the availible in certain countries message is my guess. Are you VPNed into anywhere?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

7 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

the availible in certain countries message is my guess. Are you VPNed into anywhere?

We're based in Canada which is a supported country. Our organization doesn't use a VPN

11 minutes ago, OLROY said:

I work for an organization that is looking to roll out Minecraft to some managed chromebooks, which in theory have the ability to run it. However when I go to add Minecraft to the list of allowed Play Store apps, it will not let me. It seems to let me allow any other app except Minecraft. Does anyone know why this might be? Here is a video clip showing the issue

The only reason I can think of for this would be that Minecraft as an app costs money, and you would need to purchase it for all of the devices.

i like trains 🙂

27 minutes ago, pierom_qwerty said:

The only reason I can think of for this would be that Minecraft as an app costs money, and you would need to purchase it for all of the devices.

After further investigation it seems this would be the reason, it looks like the way apps are licensed changed recently