Cant decide on a mobo and cpu

AeroMagnus

So long story short I got 16 gb of DDR4 RAM in 4 sticks of 4 (2400 MHz supposedly overclockable to 3000 MHz) and a cooler master EXtreme 2 725W psu for around 120 CAD. 

I'm thinking on getting a Ryzen 5 2400G and a Gigabyte B450M DS3H (282.5 CAD). Would that mobo be good for that ryzen? no need for bios update? I need the 4 dimm slots but i would like to downgrade chipset but the prices are too similar to bind myslef out of future overclocking.

That would leave around 112.5 CAD for either a monitor or a graphics. I'm looking for recommendations as to what to look for on black friday or cyber monday. 

Also some have recommended me to get a 2600 instead and wait for a graphics. 

Please and thanks.

Well, a computer with a 2600 won't work without a GPU, as the 2600 has no onboard graphics. Definitely go B450 over A320--Ryzen is only at its best when overclocked. It really, really benefits.

Can you wait until you can get your hands on a used RX 570 or 580? The 2600 is a better value, but again, no GPU no system with that chip.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Well, a computer with a 2600 won't work without a GPU, as the 2600 has no onboard graphics. Definitely go B450 over A320--Ryzen is only at its best when overclocked. It really, really benefits.

Can you wait until you can get your hands on a used RX 570 or 580? The 2600 is a better value, but again, no GPU no system with that chip.

I don't really like NEED the system as I have a laptop, its just some beer money I got, my main concern is that I may not get to have money for a GPU for a good year or two. Sadly the used market for my city doesn't exist and ebay with shipping and taxes make them sometimes more expensive than retail? I've never used ebay as with such a tight budget I feel insecure

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

in light of this information, i'll amend my above comment

get a 2400G and put the dGPU in when you can. that's the best solution that gives you a working machine that you could use for games.

I'm willing to use ebay but I have no experience with it. I know I should get whats described or I can get my money back. My concern comes from taxes and shipping. Any peace of mind advice?

19 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

if you buy within your country you won't have any customs tax or anything like that. i'm a UK guy and there's a whole bunch of tempting stuff in america but the customs is just too damn high

you can use it pretty much like any other online shop, except sometimes you can get a hell of a deal out of it. even if the listing says no returns accepted - if the item is buggered in transit and arrives DOA, or is not as described, then you can get a refund even if the seller disappears because eBay will step in

I think ill go that way as the deals always look pretty good. after black friday though lol. Thanks