New RTX 2060S doesn't go past the BIOS splash screen on my Intel DP67BG Desktop Board

WAUZZZI

I upgraded from a 1060 6 GB to this new 2060 Super but I'm unable to get past the BIOS splash screen.

My specs:

* CPU: i7 3770k 4c/8t @ 4.5 GHz
* RAM: 4x4 GB (16 GB) Corsair XMS3 @ 1333 MHz
* GPU: Palit GTX 1060 6GB Dual Fan @ 2.0 GHz
* SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB SATA 3
* HDD: WD Blue 1 TB SATA 3
* MoBo: Intel Desktop Board DP67BG
* PSU: Corsair RM450 450W 80+ Gold Modular
* CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock

I've updated my BIOS to the latest version but it's from 2012 so that didn't help. I've also reset the BIOS and tried various different boot settings, turned UEFI support off and on again, different PCIe settings, etc. I've toggled them all.

The problem remains exactly the same:

PC starts, beeps once, the on-board code readout stays stuck on "Eb" which as per [the manual](https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005500/boards-and-kits.html) stands for "Calling Legacy Option ROMs". There's also a "Option ROMs" LED on the board that blinks constantly very fast. After a couple seconds there's a second beep and that's it. The screen shows the BIOS splash screen with the code 64 on the bottom right (this isn't in the manual). I can't progress from here. System is still responsive and I can Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart it.

This is what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/WUzPksY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oVJUNpS.jpg

I've tried the card in my brother's PC which is a bit older still with some low-end AsRock B65 board and a 3570k, there it works perfectly fine, boots straight into Windows and plays games.

There doesn't seem to be a BIOS Update available for the card itself (not sure if that's even a thing anymore).

I've also tried the bare minimum setup (CPU, 1 RAM stick, CPU power, 24-pin Motherboard power, GPU, GPU Power, everything else disconnected including rear I/O), didn't help.

I'd really like to get this fixed because I really don't want to spend any more money on another board or justify spending another half a grand on a new board/CPU/RAM combo, though it's tempting...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Are you able to boot with the integrated graphics and see if device manager can see the card?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Is your motherboard BIOS fully up to date? Sandy Bridge boards are somewhat notorious with newer UEFI only graphics card firmwares.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

This board has no integrated graphics support. If I put both my old 1060 and the new 2060S in it does the same thing I described above.

Yes my BIOS is on the newest version but that one is quite old. It does have UEFI support though.

Do you think the psu is powering it enough? What type of psu does the other computer have?

• 2 months later...

So Did you ever figure out the problem? I have nearly exact same setup and I can't get it to work. does same thing. Error code "E6"/"Eb"(whichever it is)

Nope unfortunately I didn’t. I used the opportunity to upgrade to a Ryzen 5 3600 which I don’t regret one bit. The performance jump was insane.

• 9 months later...

I have the Intel extreme dp67bg with a i7 2600k 4.4 ghz 32 gb ram....... it wouldn't boot any amd polaris or rtx  cards with me as well , but Gtx  cards older than 10 series worked for me. The solution is to update the bios - very difficult in 2020 - hahah took me a full day to find them bioses and  a card that boots up with the system with no issues as the main card in selected video adapter settings in the bios on manual settings since the motherboard can't read some vbioses with no legacy uefi support you'll need to use a card with legacy support, the board have to check the vbios for support before going to the next check i.e memory ect ect. Fortunately it doesn't check for more than 1 card , so it bypasses the card that doesn't have legacy support though you can still use that card in the end. For me I bought a cheap gt610 for 5 $ popped it in , and used a rx 590 as second card and set the settings to use the gt 610 as main card. And it booted up fine . If you plug a display  into the non supported card it's usually funky till windows logon screen shows up i.e freezed display or right bottom corner _0 code or it displays wierd artifact colors till it reaches the display just wait for it for a few seconds and it will show up  - The only main downside is Pcie 8x speed instead of 16x but you might as well give up 5 -10 % performance rather than not having a working pc. 

Also ,you can insert the card either way you like to in the system i.e top pcie slot or bottom slot. Just make sure you select the right card in bios , if you cant get into the bios , remove the unsupported card first and set the one that works as main card first and then pop in in the newer card