Glitch with Windows settings app

jackoftrades23

Afternoon boys, coming to you from over in Australia.

Have had a look through the forums and over the internet but havent been able to come across any topics with the issue i have been having but if anyone knows of the right one to look at please direct me to it, so anyway....

Recently i have been getting issues when i go to do anything with the windows settings app, im running windows 10 pro.

So the issue is that after any certain period of time that my computer has been on this will cause the glitch to happen, which is when i go into settings to make any changes and check something out that eventually it will get to a point that no matter what i select there is a highlighted bar around a menu option on the left hand side of the window, i will supply screen shots if anyone needs once it starts to happen again.

So far all i have been able to come up with for a solution is that i have to do a system restart to correct the issue so i have finish whatever i need to change in the settings but eventually the same problem will come back again. i have used CCleaner to do checks and i have even done a reset with settings app to clear everything back down to basics incase it maybe came from a program i had installed but it has continued to happen. Im wondering if i need to just buy a new ket for windows 10 pro and do a complete reinstall or is this something someone knows what to do with??

Many thanks for any help i can recieve

A windows reset is very different from a clean install, it doesn't do nearly as much as it makes you think.

Also, many times it even makes things worse.

You should do a clean install.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

As you guys can see as im trying to select something else a highlighted area is selecting and im not able to do anything

screen1.png

screen2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Would you guys have any other ideas?? its happening with anything that directly linked to windows?? fresh install be the way to go???