PC Building

Hello guys, I'm a beginner at the world of PC building and I need the help of the pros to build a pc for gaming (all settings on ultra with at least 70-75fps), video editing, video recording while playing a game (all settings on high with at least 80fps), (beginner) programming and to use virtual windows 10 (Window's Sandbox) or virtual linux on windows. With the help of my friends I've chose those pieces:

Case: Aerocool Aero-500 (Window)

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Box
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Windforce OC
SSD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 3.5" 3TB
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
DVD-RW: LG GH24NSD1
PSU: Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650W
Fans: 3 Arctic F12 PWM

Now for the PSU I was thinking either the one I refered above or the Seasonic Prime 650W Platinum D2, but I don't know which one is better. What do you guys think?

• Might be worth seeing if you can stretch the budget a bit and fit a 3700x in there.
  • I'd get an aftermarket cooler.
  • Do you really need a DVD drive?
  • You won't fit much on a 256GB SSD.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You won't fit much on a 256GB SSD.

It doesn't really matter he has a 3TB Hard drive that he can put most of his stuff, so the SSD would be a boot drive.

I like it, just make sure you have a Gsync monitor to go with that card. Also yeah an after market cooler would be a good idea, Noctua for air, corsair for liquid (those are just my preferences). DVD-RW i personally like, i have one, obsolete yes, but the come in handy for certain situations and are not much money. 

1 minute ago, AntiHero said:

just make sure you have a Gsync monitor to go with that card

Freesync works on Nvidia cards, no need to spend more on gsync

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

10 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

It doesn't really matter he has a 3TB Hard drive that he can put most of his stuff, so the SSD would be a boot drive.

It matters if you care about load times at all.

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

*most. Not all. Personally I wouldn't get one that isn't on their compatible list.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Funny you mentioning this, just talked about freesync monitors that work with GeForce cards last night with some friends, alot of Acer models apparently. If you go that route deff double check compatibility. 

34 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I also (and this is just personal opinion) find the quality of Gsync to be higher and worth it.

13 hours ago, dizmo said:
  • Might be worth seeing if you can stretch the budget a bit and fit a 3700x in there.
  • I'd get an aftermarket cooler.
  • Do you really need a DVD drive?
  • You won't fit much on a 256GB SSD.

- I thought about the 3700X but it turns out that on performance the difference from the 3600X is barely noticible and the 3600X is better on gaming than the 3700X 

- Also I can't stretch my budget at all. I live in a country where the after taxes price is prety high. So, although I want to buy an aftermarket cooler I can't

- Yeah, I do need a DVD drive because I have some DVDs, CDs, etc. from the old 2000's days and I'd like to use them again

- As Darpyface replied earlier, I'll buy a 3TB HDD, which I'll use mostly for gaming, so, I don't need fast load times on games. I'll use the SSD only for few programms that I care  about load times (Microsoft office for example)

Edited by Beg-Dn

13 hours ago, AntiHero said:

I like it, just make sure you have a Gsync monitor to go with that card. Also yeah an after market cooler would be a good idea, Noctua for air, corsair for liquid (those are just my preferences). DVD-RW i personally like, i have one, obsolete yes, but the come in handy for certain situations and are not much money. 

I already have a monitor. It's Asus VG245Q. I bought it for 200€, it's a great monitor and value for money. It has freesynq, but I have never experienced neither freesynq nor gsynq, so I don't care much. If my Nvidea graphics card works with my freesynq monitor it will be great, and if it won't work it will be fine for me

12 hours ago, AntiHero said:

I also (and this is just personal opinion) find the quality of Gsync to be higher and worth it.

I agree, but the monitors with gsynq in my country cost over 500€ x-x. So, unless it rains money, I won't spend that much on a monitor

Thanks a lot all of you for your suggestions. But no one have answered me, which PSU should I buy? Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650W or Seasonic Prime 650W Platinum D2?

5 hours ago, Beg-Dn said:

- I thought about the 3700X but it turns out that on performance the difference from the 3600X is barely noticible and the 3600X is better on gaming than the 3700X 

- Also I can't stretch my budget at all. I live in a country where the after taxes price is prety high. So, although I want to buy an aftermarket cooler I can't

- Yeah, I do need a DVD drive because I have some DVDs, CDs, etc. from the old 2000's days and I'd like to use them again

- As Darpyface replied earlier, I'll buy a 3TB HDD, which I'll use mostly for gaming, so, I don't need fast load times on games. I'll use the SSD only for few programms that I care  about load times (Microsoft office for example)

Did you check performance while streaming/recording? Because that's different than just straight game performance.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

On 11/5/2019 at 8:18 PM, dizmo said:

Did you check performance while streaming/recording? Because that's different than just straight game performance.

I checked the benchmarks and the difference is little. Besides, I won't record a game with settings on ultra, I'll record mostly with settings high. The difference in price is big but the difference on performance is little, that's why I'll get 3600X and not 3700X