Fan Position for M-ATX Case

Go to solution Solved by Xiee,
6 minutes ago, Lau Thai Ming said:

Now back to the question. How many fans do I need? The position? Intake , Outtake ?

With the limited open slots in the front of that glass panel, get 3 fans intake. You'll need all the air you can get.

Then go for 1 outtake at the back and  2 outtake on the top of the case to even things out. Or you can just have 1 at the back but make sure its a good powerful fan.

Here's an example of what your airflow should look like.

xnegative.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.RdF7_hvazS.jpg

I've been thinking for so long, I don't know how should I put the fan intake/outtake and position. Any suggestion ?

I'm from Malaysia and I don't want to blow too much money on case.

Add: This is Aigo Back Tech case, a M-ATX case.

aigo-black-tech-mini-matx-casing-hiffny-1807-23-Hiffny@8.jpg

Edited by Lau Thai Ming
Adding name

What's the name/brand/model of this case?

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

2-3 front fans as intake and an exhaust fan. That should be plenty for most midrange hardware. I wouldn’t blow too much money on extra fans unless you have poor thermals.

Wait is the only intake in the front from those little slits in the side? If so that case will be a hotbox.

Just now, Xiee said:

What's the name/brand/model of this case?

Aigo Black Tech.  I dont know the origin country.

Just now, Sorenson said:

Wait is the only intake in the front from those little slits in the side? If so that case will be a hotbox.

Well, it's his design. So ... maybe? I'm not sure

I mean the product looks like this ( Tempered Front , Acrylic Side ). 

Rm85 found online ... around 20+ USD

MINI-computer-case-aigo-darkFlash-front-panel.jpg_350x350.jpg

Image result for Aigo Black Tech

Ah this case. I've seen a few of these in my country (Philippines). Those slits are on both sides of the front and I believe it has a slit on the bottom of the front panel as well. 

Have you ever considered a case with like a mesh front instead if you're going for all fans?

Try looking up the Tecware Alpha. This should be available in your country since Tecware has a wide presence in southeast asia. It's similar in size to the Aigo Black Tech, but it has a front mesh which is better for fans.

Here's how it looks:
Related image

私はオタクではありません。

4 minutes ago, Xiee said:

Image result for Aigo Black Tech

Ah this case. I've seen a few of these in my country (Philippines). Those slits are on both sides of the front and I believe it has a slit on the bottom of the front panel as well. 

Have you ever considered a case with like a mesh front instead if you're going for all fans?

Try looking up the Tecware Alpha. It's similar in size to the Aigo Black Tech, but it has a front mesh which is better for fans.

Here's how it looks:
Related image

The case sure looks cool and well thought, but the price is is doubled, and the mother board I picked does not comes with that much port ( ASRock B450 Pro4.

7 minutes ago, Lau Thai Ming said:

The case sure looks cool and well thought, but the price is is doubled, and the mother board I picked does not comes with that much port ( ASRock B450 Pro4.

Well, that's because this is a bit of a quality case. It's got better airflow than the Aigo unless you're planning on getting an AIO cooler. I'd say spend the extra money for a case with better cooling, but if you're really stuck with a limited budget, then go for the Aigo. It's going to be a bit hot though. Maybe you can compromise with a powerful intake fan, I dunno.

私はオタクではありません。

1 minute ago, Xiee said:

Well, that's because this is a bit of a quality case. It's got better airflow than the Aigo unless you're planning on getting an AIO cooler. I'd say spend the extra money for a case with better cooling, but if you're really stuck with a limited budget, then go for the Aigo. It's going to be a bit hot though. Maybe you can compromise with a powerful intake fan, I dunno.

Now back to the question. How many fans do I need? The position? Intake , Outtake ? 

1300~1500 rpm per fan

6 minutes ago, Lau Thai Ming said:

With the limited open slots in the front of that glass panel, get 3 fans intake. You'll need all the air you can get.

Then go for 1 outtake at the back and  2 outtake on the top of the case to even things out. Or you can just have 1 at the back but make sure its a good powerful fan.

Here's an example of what your airflow should look like.

私はオタクではありません。

1 minute ago, Xiee said:

Then go for 1 outtake at the back and  2 outtake on the top of the case to even things out.

Kind of like this:

Thanks, so 6 fan , 3 front-in , 2 up-out , 1 back-out

Just now, Lau Thai Ming said:

Thanks, so 6 fan , 3 front-in , 2 up-out , 1 back-out

Yes. But that's just my opinion based on my experience. Other people may have some ideas of their own.

You're welcome.

私はオタクではありません。

• 1 year later...

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a Palit GTX 1070 with this case and I bought the system second hand. It's very toasty and starts to affect performance.

Even if you have 3 speedy fans, the air intake in the front side of the case is too small to accommodate demanding cooling the system needs.

If you guys still think to buy this case just to "balance" the budget, please don't.

Get another case with better airflow like Tecware Alpha or survey for another case which has more mesh & fans in the front to channel more air into the case.