How to make icon in taskbar show on oly one monitor?

JAMlE
Go to solution Solved by msevilgenius,

Right click taskbar -> Properties

In the 'Multiple displays' section at the bottom, you can select 'Taskbar where window is open' in the first drop down

Is that what you want?

Okay so after installing Windows 8.1 (I know) I cant figure out how to make the icons for the windows that are open only show on the monitor that the windows are open on, if that makes sense . Can anyone help me?

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

Try out ultramon. It's what I use and does what you seem to be asking for and has many other features. :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Are you using startisback?

Nah, Start8, I prefer it

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

i have the same problem but first i would set the main monitor right

Nah, Start8, I prefer it

Okay. I think startisback does that but I was not sure, Sorry I can't be of more help.

Display fusion has that functionality, works great on my win7 machine. I do not know about win8 thou.

If you mean th icons on the taskbar you could use Display fusion for that. If you mean the ones in the metro interface i don't have a clue.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Display fusion has that functionality, works great on my win7 machine. I do not know about win8 thou.

I have display fusion too. But for some reason i cant seem to find it anymore :P

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

In the 'Multiple displays' section at the bottom, you can select 'Taskbar where window is open' in the first drop down

Is that what you want?

I remain,  

msevilgenius

Is that what you want?

Yup, sorted. Thanks for quick responses guys :)