Underclocking an AMD Laptop

xnamkcor

I have a Sony SVF15414CXB. Windows lets me go down to 1GHz, but I want to see if I can go lower. Sony seems to have removed all but about 4 BIOS options. Is there a real BIOS settings screen I can access? Or is there a way to change it with a Windows utility?

i doubt but i used to use Notebook Hardware Control to do the same thing it works fine

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Power Options in control panel. Advanced settings (Win7 its available, dunno about W8)

Then find Processor and set your minimum % to 0-1% and your max to 0-1% and it will stay at its lowest available state.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just reapply the thermal paste, it will run much cooler. Also, in advanced power managment set the min cpu speed to 1%

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Power Options in control panel. Advanced settings (Win7 its available, dunno about W8)

Then find Processor and set your minimum % to 0-1% and your max to 0-1% and it will stay at its lowest available state.

This will work. Accidentally did that on my desktop and I was wondering why windows were lagging when opening them up from minimised :D

Why do you want to underclock it?

For when I'm running on battery.

0% only gives me 1GHz. I want to go lower.

Just reapply the thermal paste, it will run much cooler. Also, in advanced power managment set the min cpu speed to 1%

I'd rather not open up my laptop until the warranty runs out. I've only had it for about a month.

Edit: I wonder if I can turn on/off cores without restarting