Motherboard-5.1 speakers

I have a 5.1 system, and the cables are black, orange and green. But on the new motherboard, and I've noticed pretty much all motherboards, they only have blue, green, and pink inputs. Not sure what I should be doing here.

If the motherboard only has three 3.5mm jacks, but supports 5.1 output, then the blue jack can be switched between line in and rear out, while the pink jack will be shared between mic in and center/sub out.

Put your black cable into blue and orange cable into pink, then configure the jacks in the driver.

3 minutes ago, badreg said:

Εάν η μητρική πλακέτα διαθέτει μόνο τρεις υποδοχές 3,5 mm, αλλά υποστηρίζει έξοδο 5.1, τότε η μπλε υποδοχή μπορεί να αλλάξει μεταξύ της γραμμής και της πίσω πλευράς ενώ η ροζ υποδοχή θα μοιραστεί μεταξύ του μικροφώνου και του κεντρικού / κάτω μέρους.

Βάλτε το μαύρο καλώδιο σε μπλε και πορτοκαλί καλώδιο σε ροζ χρώμα και στη συνέχεια ρυθμίστε τις υποδοχές του οδηγού.

how to configure the jacks in the driver?

3 minutes ago, Dimitrispaok88 said:

how to configure the jacks in the driver?

Don't know what board you have, but assuming it's a Realtek chipset, it should look something like this. Change your speaker configuration to 5.1 and you should be good to go.

spacer.png