How to access advanced BIOS?

I have an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-52 with Insyde H20 rev. 5.0, v1.19. I was able to access the advanced bios menu (did this by pressing random keys), but I was not able to get back into it later on. In that menu I was able to enable overclocking (which I did), and many other things. However, when i restarted and i went back into the bios, i had the simple menu. I have tried many combinations, like Fn + Tab while in bios (pressing both once and three times), and I have also tried F2 (key to go to the bios) + A, but did not work. Does anyone know how i could get access to it again?

You gotta flash a modded bios, I also got there once by accident in all my laptops but I never got there again without flashing a modded bios with an EEPROM programmer. On that note, almost every change you make there bricks your laptop and you would have to flash your bios with a programmer again so its definitely not worth it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Have you tried pressing random keys again? Maybe just mash the entire keyboard and see if you hit the magic combination. You could also try Ctrl + F1 or Fn + Ctrl + F1 as I remember those used to unlock extra settings on my old computer.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

• 3 weeks later...

maybe you have an uefi setup, try this method:

7 hours ago, Xerden said:

maybe you have an uefi setup, try this method:

Yeah I’ve done that but it doesn’t have advanced features. 

On 11/2/2019 at 7:50 AM, Anthony813 said:

I have an Acer Nitro 5, AN515-52 with Insyde H20 rev. 5.0, v1.19. I was able to access the advanced bios menu (did this by pressing random keys), but I was not able to get back into it later on. In that menu I was able to enable overclocking (which I did), and many other things. However, when i restarted and i went back into the bios, i had the simple menu. I have tried many combinations, like Fn + Tab while in bios (pressing both once and three times), and I have also tried F2 (key to go to the bios) + A, but did not work. Does anyone know how i could get access to it again?

I've seen people manage to do this randomly by accident, both on some laptops and even on an eVGA Z390 dark, where they did some combination of something and weren't able to do it again.  Whether it's some sort of timing or some key like control/alt/F2 or control alt F1 or control Insert +, or even the left vs right control/alt keys, well if someone knew the exact key combination, it might be posted somewhere.  I know for newer MSIbooks, it's left alt, right control, right shift, F2 (may have been F1 on laptop before skylake/6700HQ models).

Did you check win-raid bios mod forums to see if someone knows it?

• 1 year later...

I also seem to have the same issue on a Nitro 7 a715 51: I managed to get into the advanced settings, changed something minor (pl3) and now I can't get that advanced tab to show up no matter what I do. I even upgraded the bios from 1.05 to 1.09, reset to default values several times but still nothing edit: to enter first time I used the f4 4 r f v f5 5 t g b f6 6 y h n trick