5G Rumor

NameOfNoInterest

I've heard many people talk about the recent development of 5G cellular phones, and their availability limited to Northern Korea. Is this true? If so, is it secret Nuclear Warfare?

My n00Build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NameOfNoInterest/saved/ 

Do you really expect me to know things? 

$25.67/$~2500 (Price changes hourly..) I'm 1/100th of the way there!

I don't think so, i think the last thing i've heard about 5g was something like a 100mbp/s connection 

Yes , the rumor had been visiting LTT from past few months I believe.... India Can't even Afford 2G. Scams are going on for 2G. We are 1G here! 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I don't think so, i think the last thing i've heard about 5g was something like a 100mbp/s connection 

I'd be surprised to see if it has been developed yet kept secret by North Korea

I don't trust North Korea for a second.

Oh of course because north korea has figured out how to distribute nuclear bombs over the cellular network. The one that South Korea is rumored to be keeping exclusive to themselves.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Oh of course because north korea has figured out how to distribute nuclear bombs over the cellular network. The one that South Korea is rumored to be keeping exclusive to themselves.

I wasn't too clear on it.

I wasn't too clear on it.

I dunno even if North Korea had "5G" they really couldn't do any harm is what I am trying to say. No more harm than they already can  or cannot do anyway.

Are North Korean even allow to use cellphone?

Their internet and TV is heavily censored so I don't even know.

Are North Korean even allow to use cellphone?

Not sure

I dunno even if North Korea had "5G" they really couldn't do any harm is what I am trying to say. No more harm than they already can  or cannot do anyway.

Well, we'll see I suppose

the 5G is rumored to come out in like 2018 and it is being worked on in Korea. It is rumored to be like 1000 times faster than 4g Lte speeds but some people worry that this will go through their data faster than roadrunner.

apple.com

the 5G is rumored to come out in like 2018 and it is being worked on in Korea. It is rumored to be like 1000 times faster than 4g Lte speeds but some people worry that this will go through their data faster than roadrunner.

It'd guarantee that you'd need to have unlimited data

Why is this so confusing. 3G, 4G, 5G, etc. are standards that have guidelines to meet in order for someone to say they have that service. 4G is a set standard, but no one out there actually meets the specs, which is why all the Verizon commercials say they have the largest 4G LTE network, not 4G network. Other companies blatantly lie and say they have 4G. One of the stipulations for a 4G network is 1Gbps download to a pedestrian and something like 300 Mbps to a moving vehicle, no one (AFAIK) has that commercially available but I'm sure in testing they have achieved it. To make the last sentence clear, Ford can't say their Mustang has 2,500 HP just because they have a concept engine that outputs 2,500HP, it actually has to be in that car... 5G is currently just a concept, and there is not a defined speed yet to meet it. When it does become a standard, its not like the first person to reach the standard holds a patent on it and only they can use it.

Its the same as HDMI, to have a certifcation on your cable saying it is HDMI it has to meet the required specs. The only difference is with HDMI going over and above the specs does you absolutely no good, whereas with cellular you can have higher speeds.

In a nutshell: Lets worry about 5G AFTER we actually have true 4G.

Oh, and I heard a rumor that 23G was going to have so much speed it would cook all the corn in the fields and get rid of world starvation.