Fitness tracker

kcihtred2

I'm running a MI 9t

Looking at a fitness tracker.

Need: Footsteps mainly, tracking what I ate would be good in the software

Like to have: Notifications are nice and mainly check texts, emails, reddit in the phone.

Suggestions? I looked at fit bit and saw the charge 3 was released a year ago. So a refresh might be coming?

If you really want to do it properly, you have to keep track of things yourself and just write it down.  A step counter isn't going to know the difference between walking on flat ground and running up a hill, and those activities have a vastly different "fitness significance".  That's also not to mention the fact that those trackers can be wildly inaccurate, missing steps or registering them where none took place.  Plus you'll have to write down your food anyway so it's not that much extra.

As for how to do that, honestly, Excel or any other spreadsheet thing (google docs, libreoffice, etc.), provided it is easily accessible from your phone.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.