Hello everyone,

Lately I've been asking myself a lot of questions related to the performance of my PC in this forum. Cinebench low scores, CrystalDisk low scores, Fake RAMs, etc etc.

So, I've decided to use this day to do some benchmarking... On Windows 7. Why? Because I also wanted to know if Windows 7 works well if Kaby Lake and NVME. It does.

Test #1: My PC was getting low scores (890, 850) on cinebench, I thought it was due to my low voltages.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1115728-psu-dying
No it was not:

CINEBENCH.thumb.jpg.73d9af70128141529b63812c8aaaa73d.jpg

Test #2: Fake Ram? Checking its stability?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1102369-did-i-buy-fake-ram-stick/
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1115625-checking-ram-stability/

Results: memtest+ for an entire night, P95 for an entire night as well... Results? Everything is fine. Even if it's fake, it does behave like one.

No prints this time.

Test #3: My NVMe Drive was getting low scores on CD6. Decided to install windows 7 on my old Sata SSD and test the m2 device when it's not running windows:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1117379-samsung-nvme-500gb-970-evo-plus-benchmarks/

Results: Everything fine for a z270 chipset.

NVME_WIN7_DRIVER.jpg.10aae0870ad90308b7651ebe09ec366b.jpg

Honestly, I don't know why I'm posting this here. I just wanted to share with you guys what happened. If you have any questions please let me know.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Probs we just need to configure Win10 correctly by disabling all useless stuff.

I'm also having some issues and i'm not sure if it's Win10 issue, my crappy DRAM-less SSD has slower write than my 5400RPM HDD, OS sometimes hard-freezes during gaming ( didn't noticed it on heavier loads such as rendering using GPU+CPU ) even with stock CPU/reduced RAM mhz ( memtest86 was fine for 7hours w/ 3400mhz, now im sitting with 2800mhz to test if the freezing happens ).

What is the program in the taskbar next to the network icon?!,

Maybe this program is responsible for this behavior.

Could be the fake RAM though...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

10 minutes ago, Vishera said:

What is the program in the taskbar next to the network icon?!,

Maybe this program is responsible for this behavior.

Could be the fake RAM though...

That is Samsung Magician. There's absolutely nothing installed on the OS. I finished the setup, isntalled the necessary drivers and that's it. Even the GPU driver is missing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

24 minutes ago, Exaco said:

Probs we just need to configure Win10 correctly by disabling all useless stuff.

I'm also having some issues and i'm not sure if it's Win10 issue, my crappy DRAM-less SSD has slower write than my 5400RPM HDD, OS sometimes hard-freezes during gaming ( didn't noticed it on heavier loads such as rendering using GPU+CPU ) even with stock CPU/reduced RAM mhz ( memtest86 was fine for 7hours w/ 3400mhz, now im sitting with 2800mhz to test if the freezing happens ).

Hmmmm that's interesting. Once my PC was freezing during games... I changed the RAM sticks and it stopped. I don't know could be another problem w/ your pc but, not sure.

The SSD w/ slower write than a 5400 RPM!?!?!? I'm not sure but well... Check if there aren't any SATA drivers for your motherboard available. Could be it.

What I would do: Get a third device, install windows on it, and do the benchmarks I did. Doing the test on hardware that you're not using at that moment, helps to have a better view of whats happening.