Need help upgrading my cpu

Go to solution Solved by SavageNeo,
1 minute ago, Bartek.S said:

i want to play RDR2 and Borderlands 3 and now i am playing hitman, dying light, bf1, Overwatch, Europa Universalis 4 which is very cpu dependent 

Yeah go for r 3600 or wait. And upgrade your gpu after, even if those games are cpu dependent you should still get better gpu. 1660ti or 5700. But we will see that in the future.

So i have an i3 4130 and i was wondering which upgrade is better a i7 4770k(which is 183$ in my country) or save some money and buy a ryzen 5 2600(gigabyte B450m DS3H,GoodRam 2x8GB 3000Mhz CL17, Ryzen 5 2600 and the total price of this is 320$)

So i have an i3 4130 and i was wondering which upgrade is better a i7 4770k(which is 183$ in my country) or save some money and buy a ryzen 5 2600(gigabyte B450m DS3H,GoodRam 2x8GB 3000Mhz CL17, Ryzen 5 2600 and the total price of this is 320$)

i would go for the

ryzen 5 2600(gigabyte B450m DS3H,GoodRam 2x8GB 3000Mhz CL17

What are you using your pc for and how is your current experience?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

11 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

What are you using your pc for and how is your current experience?

For gaming and the i3 is just not good enough, in almost every game i have stutters and lag spikes and thats why i think its time to upgrade and also i want to play more recent games, RD2 and Borderlands 3 where this cpu is not good enough

9 minutes ago, Bartek.S said:

For gaming and the i3 is just not good enough, in almost every game i have stutters and lag spikes and thats why i think its time to upgrade and also i want to play more recent games, RD2 and Borderlands 3 where this cpu is not good enough

yeah, save money for that r5 2600. Or save like 50-100 bucks more (depends where you live) to get r5 3600. There is a big difference beetween r5 2600 and r5 3600.

Waht gpu are you using?

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

yeah, save money for that r5 2600. Or save like 50-100 bucks more (depends where you live) to get r5 3600. There is a big difference beetween r5 2600 and r5 3600.

Waht gpu are you using?

i am using a Sapphire nitro rx460 4gb but now i want to upgrade the cpu and if i wanted to buy the r5 3600 i would need to save about 50 bucks. next upgrade after the cpu would be upgrading the rx460 to a 1060 6gb or rx580 8gb

i am using a Sapphire nitro rx460 4gb but now i want to upgrade the cpu and if i wanted to buy the r5 3600 i would need to save about 50 bucks. next upgrade after the cpu would be upgrading the rx460 to a 1060 6gb or rx580 8gb

Rx 460 4gb is well decent. But save for r5 3600 or wait for under a year for amd forth gen of ryzen. 

'

What games are you playing or planning to play?

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Ryzen is better option. It gives you more current upgrade path, and 4770K has its limits, so going for 4790K is actually better option if you would do that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Rx 460 4gb is well decent. But save for r5 3600 or wait for under a year for amd forth gen of ryzen. 

'

What games are you playing or planning to play?

i want to play RDR2 and Borderlands 3 and now i am playing hitman, dying light, bf1, Overwatch, Europa Universalis 4 which is very cpu dependent 

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Ryzen is better option. It gives you more current upgrade path, and 4770K has its limits, so going for 4790K is actually better option if you would do that.

In my country i7 4790k costs more than r5 3600 

Yeah go for r 3600 or wait. And upgrade your gpu after, even if those games are cpu dependent you should still get better gpu. 1660ti or 5700. But we will see that in the future.

Your country is rigged. 

by one used or save for that r5 3600

Your country is rigged. 

by one used or save for that r5 3600

Thank you i think i will go with r5 3600

2 minutes ago, Bartek.S said:

Thank you i think i will go with r5 3600

Was nice to help you out, i was like you before i built my new computer. This forum site is one the best and there are lot of kind people.

1 hour ago, Bartek.S said:

Used? I mean these are both 5-6 year old CPUs at this point. If you are looking at new pricing, you get really odd numbers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Used? I mean these are both 5-6 year old CPUs at this point. If you are looking at new pricing, you get really odd numbers.

yes,a used i7 4790k in my country costs 181 bucks (cheapest i could find and used from a side that i would not trust but from the side that is would trust is 233 bucks) and the r5 3600 costs 233 bucks (from a good source brand new)

2 hours ago, Bartek.S said:

yes,a used i7 4790k in my country costs 181 bucks (cheapest i could find and used from a side that i would not trust but from the side that is would trust is 233 bucks) and the r5 3600 costs 233 bucks (from a good source brand new)

But consider that for Ryzen you need new mobo and RAM. But if you can save for platform upgrade, go for platform upgrade.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv