New camera body or lens

Hey so I’ve been into photography for a while now, I am currently using a canon 200d with a sigma 18-250 f3.5 lens and I was wondering whether it would be better to upgrade to a new body or new lense 

the options are: 

1. canon 5d Mkii with battery grip 
  2. canon 17-40mm f4 lens 

my main idea was that I would like to upgrade to the canon 5d because of it being full frame and considering I’m going travelling over Christmas this year the dual battery might be worth it, what would be the best option ?

Oh yeah 5D would be a huge upgrade, but the lens you currently have cannot be used natively as the mount is different (Full frame vs APC-C).

And you'll get a noticable weight and size difference. 5D is huge and you need a set of glass for it, not just the body.

17-40mm is a bad lens, only f4? since you already have a tele lens, why don't you buy a fix lens like 35mm/50mm f1.8.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

glass is always a good investment.  cameras lose value faster over time whare as you can use the same lense you had for a t2i on a t7i. i always recommend getting better glass first. once you have some solid lenses then you can upgrade your body.

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic