Cannibalizing my old comp..looking for best bang for buck parts

crispylee

So my computer is probably being put to pasture...trying to salvage all the usable parts from the old gal.

For reference, I don't really want to spend too much because of some big personal life changes coming up. I'm looking for best bang for buck parts, rather than the best available. I'm willing to go searching around on Craigslist if possible for good quality used parts too, so if you can recommend those it would be appreciated. I'm OK to wait for the big Black Friday sales too.

Also, I might want to avoid a Radeon GPU. I've been having a lot of problems with them, unless you guys think otherwise?

*Copied and pasted from reddit*

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

Overwatch, League of Legends, also wanting to run some of the newer high end games

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

$1000 CDN

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

After Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sales

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

Motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

British Columbia, Canada - access to MemoryExpress and Canada Computers

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

• Corsair AX1200i power supply
  • Fractal Design Define XL R2 case
  • Crucial MX500 500GB SSD
  • Optical drive
  • All peripherals

What do you have currently? CPU, GPU / Memories?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

It's old parts, so they wouldn't be compatible.

• CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
  • MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator 18GB DDR3 Ram
  • GPU: ASUS R9 280X
  • Memories: fond ones of it running properly and not bluescreening on me..

i will be re using PSU,Case,SSD,Peripherals,GPU the rest is going for an upgrade. I would personally choose a 5 2600 if im going for a 1440p because i like to save money and if its 1080p i would go for 5 3600