Looking to get a slim and light laptop

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

For me, all of my laptops have been used ultrabooks, use them for a year or two and flip them, rinse and repeat, because they are already past their prime you get back 80-90% of what you spend. 

Hi guys,

I was looking for a slim and light ~13 inch laptop and after alot of searching around i found this HP Envy 13t on sale. link

In particular I was looking at the model with:

CPU: i7-8565U

GPU: MX250

SSD: 512GB

Screen 1080p (non-touch)

Which came at around 800$ after coupons.

It seemed like a good deal until I saw the LTT back to shool video where they recomended looking at some used laptops. link

Then I went to eBay and found some decent deals on some razer blades (2017) that had similar specs to the 13t and sometimes even better (an older processor and more ram).

Now im confused on what decision to make. Should I risk the money on a used laptop or should i get the new HP instead?

For me, all of my laptops have been used ultrabooks, use them for a year or two and flip them, rinse and repeat, because they are already past their prime you get back 80-90% of what you spend. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Do you think its worth doing thag with a Razer Blade Stealth?

be very very careful with Razer. Their reliability can be questionable. And if it does konk out, their customer support has been rumored to be particularly bad.