Intake fan for Corsair 400R

IlMarkuz

So I've got a Corsair 400r case, i've been using stock fans all of the time getting 20°C temps on CPU,MOTHERBOARD and VGA(Ambient temp is 17-18°C and CPU is watercooled).

I recently bought two AF 120 led red from corsair to replace the original white led intake.

The problem is that those fan are loud as hell and i feel uncomfortable running them at full speed.

Also i think those fan don't have enough pressure to penetrate the hard drive cage since i can clearly feel the air bouncing out from the intake, and putting my hand in the case i feel almost no air going thought.

This is confirmed by motherboard temps which raised to almost 35°C.

So i'm thinking about getting new fans as intake but i don't know which is a decent static pressure value to penetrate that hard drive cage.

My choice is between:

-SP 120 Quiet (1.29 mmH2O)

-SP 120 Performance (3.10 mmH2O) //Too loud for me

-Bit Fenix Specter pro Led Red (1.24 mmH2O)

Which should be the best for that kind of operation? (I'd prefer the bitfenix one but is 1.2 mm H2O enough?)

Also the stock fans which did their job pretty well had 1.6 mm H2O pressure and 38 cfm.

Actual fan config:

-2x Af120 led red Front Intake (Bitfenix fan splitter)

-1x stock corsair fan 120mm Top Outtake

-1x H80i push pull Back Outtake

Planned fan config:

-2x Not chosen fan Front Intake (Bitfenix fan splitter)

-2x Af 120 led red Top Outtake

-1x Stock corsair fan 120mm Bottom Intake

-1x H80i push pull Back Outtake

Case: 400R

PSU: CX 750

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 3.8ghz

RAM : Vengeance PRO Red 2x4Gb @ 2133mhz

Motherboard: Maximus VI Hero

Watercooler H80i Push/Pull

VGA: 760 OC by MSI

HDD: 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 taking the lowest slot in the cage. 

Keyboard:CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Red (Brown switches)

Mouse: GX1000 Republic Of Gamers

It's called Exhaust, good sir, not Outtake. :P

Anyway, what you might be hearing is noise that air makes when it is being pulled through the restrictive front mesh and filter. My 300R does the same and I run the front fans very slowly to avoid making excessive noise.

Try running the fans outside of the case. If at equal speed, the fans make less noise than in your case, then more silent fans won't solve your problem.

I didn't hear that noise with the stock fans so i don't think it's related to the air going throught the front mesh.

I didn't hear that noise with the stock fans so i don't think it's related to the air going throught the front mesh.

Its because they don't pull alot of air (check if your fan says A1225M12S as the model):1200 RPM +/- 10% 32.95 CFM 18dBA .11+/- .02A 3 pin (0.69 H20)

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107254

I currently have Cougar Turbine 120mm as my intakes and all I hear is just air being pulled into the front and it is quiet imo and can be undervolted.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer