Asus B450 F ROG Strix does not boot

Go to solution Solved by Multipal,

I have been able to solve the problem. It turns out that I used a gpu from a friend to see if something different happened, and it turns out that the pc already works normal and without problems.

At first I got scared, since it didn't show image on the monitor, and in the end it turned out that my hdmi vga adapter had problems. But everything is already resolved.

Thank you very much to those who helped me out.

Hello everyone.

I am going through a somewhat annoying situation.

I was using my pc for at least a month after I finished assembling it. The pc does not boot.

It all started a few days ago: a friend wanted me to try a hard drive which gave him problems. I decided to do it. When I connected his hard drive the PC was working fine, only slower. After seeing that I could not do anything with the hard drive I decided to turn off the PC and disconnect it. After that the pc has never worked again.

I cleaned the CMOS, disconnected and connected everything again. Anyway, what is usually done in these cases.

So far the keyboard works and allows me to restart the pc, but the pc does not work. I only get a green light on the board that indicates something is wrong with the boot, or something like that.

How do you think I could solve this problem?

HLV51Lu - Imgur.jpg

In my case it did not find the operating system and would not boot at all.

I had a similar issue. I put a Windows setup USB drive and started the PC. Sure enough it booted into Windows setup.

25 minutes ago, devdeep said:

In my case it did not find the operating system and would not boot at all.

I had a similar issue. I put a Windows setup USB drive and started the PC. Sure enough it booted into Windows setup.

At least you could solve this problem. I can't even boot a usb memory. : 'v

Bios is the one that is failing. The most painful thing is that I had previously had a similar problem with an MSI B450 Tomahawk, which I bought new and failed me instantly, which is why I bought the Asus B450f. xD

14 hours ago, Multipal said:

At least you could solve this problem. I can't even boot a usb memory. : 'v

Bios is the one that is failing. The most painful thing is that I had previously had a similar problem with an MSI B450 Tomahawk, which I bought new and failed me instantly, which is why I bought the Asus B450f. xD

Also see section 3.11.3 on page 3-26 of the manual. Shows how to recover bios - assuming that is where your issue lies.

1 hour ago, devdeep said:

Not familiar with your board - I have a X570-E - but can you reboot via boot firmware on a USB? Mine has a Boot USB port at the back. Yours must have a similar thing.

Have you seen this?

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/HelpDesk/

So far I have done everything and nothing has worked. And according to the manual, there is no usb port that allows that function. Although I understand that it is able to automatically boot usb memory if it contains a bios update, but that has not worked either.

And yes, I had already seen that section of the Asus support page.

1 hour ago, devdeep said:

Also see section 3.11.3 on page 3-26 of the manual. Shows how to recover bios - assuming that is where your issue lies.

I tried with that function and nothing happens. Although I must admit that I have done it by connecting the USB memory before turning on the computer. I will try later to see what happens. Thank you. : D

I have been able to solve the problem. It turns out that I used a gpu from a friend to see if something different happened, and it turns out that the pc already works normal and without problems.

At first I got scared, since it didn't show image on the monitor, and in the end it turned out that my hdmi vga adapter had problems. But everything is already resolved.

Thank you very much to those who helped me out.