Windows wont boot after adding new ssd

Hello guys,

Im pretty clueless about pc/pc building. So my pc is also a pre-build pc. Now i ran outof ssd storage (i have 240gb, plus 1tb hard disk).

I have a m.2 slot on my ASUS prime b360 plus, and ordered a v-nand ssd 970 evo. 

I thought it would be as easy as turning off my pc, fully, and putting in the ssd strip in the m.2 slot. Then screwing it down to keep it in place, starting up my pc and acknowledging the ssd in the settings @ my pc in files.
But i guess im wrong.

I put the ssd in my m.2 slot, screwed it down, started my pc after all was in place. And my pc wouldnt boot.
It just gave me a critical_service_failed windows message (with the :( smiley), after this (wich didnt last long, maybe 5-10sec) it went to a windows loading screen that said ''prepairing automatic repair''. 
I was clueless to what to do so i ofcourse started google-ing, couldnt really find a fix for my problem (none i understood at least). So i got into the bios, wich is the first time i have ever been in a bios at all.
And looked at booting priority, because a friend suggested my pc might try to boot into the new ssd instead of the one my w10 is on. But this wasnt the case. He said it was like my pc didnt even recognize the ssd at all.

Now i know this is a bit messy because i dont really know much about pc's/building pc's. And also english is my 2nd language.

If anyone could help me or lead me in the right direction in any way that would be insanely apreciated! I can give more info if you need, just ask.

Thanks, Maq/Joost 

You might need to create a bootable USB to repair the boot partition, or reinstall Windows in a worst case scenario. You'll have to google "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" and click the corresponding Microsoft link, for reasons I can't fathom.

I would also try removing the SSD to see if it boots like normal.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

You might need to create a bootable USB to repair the boot partition, or reinstall Windows in a worst case scenario. You'll have to google "Windows 10 Media Creation Tool" and click the corresponding Microsoft link, for reasons I can't fathom.

I would also try removing the SSD to see if it boots like normal.

I have removed the ssd as for now bc i use this pc daily. Now it works as normal.

Also im kinda scared if i have to reïnstall for i dont have any info about my windows 10, I didnt install it or anything so if i need any codes or whatever for it ill prob lose my windows 10 (i can ofc contact the company that put it together for me but idk how helpfull they'll be)

1 minute ago, Maq said:

Also im kinda scared if i have to reïnstall for i dont have any info about my windows 10, I didnt install it or anything so if i need any codes or whatever for it ill prob lose my windows 10 (i can ofc contact the company that put it together for me but idk how helpfull they'll be)

I'd contact the company to get the product key, and if you don't need it this time, you'll still have it if issues come up down the road.

3 minutes ago, Maq said:

I have removed the ssd as for now bc i use this pc daily. Now it works as normal.

If you can, try it in a different system to see if the drive is faulty. If you have your friend help you, make sure the system is backed up to an external drive. Can never be too safe.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I'd contact the company to get the product key, and if you don't need it this time, you'll still have it if issues come up down the road.

If you can, try it in a different system to see if the drive is faulty. If you have your friend help you, make sure the system is backed up to an external drive. Can never be too safe.

thanks allot!

Ill try those options and hopefully i can get it up and running soon.