Portable Laptop with 1070 for Davinci Resolve (Video Editing)

Hey guys,

I am looking for a thin and light gaming laptop with the 1070 Max Q. (I need 8GB of VRAM for Resolve),

15", thin bezels

16GB RAM

CPU can be last or second to last gen quadcore. GPU is much more important.

Good screen.

I wanna buy used and spend less than 1000€. I know I can do it.

I have looked at

Razer Blade 15 (2018)

Aero 15 and 15X V8

MSI GS65

MSI P65

XMG Core 15 and Neo 15

Anything I have missed? 

I'd love a XPS 15 but 1050Ti is just not worth it for me.

18 minutes ago, TimTomTum said:

Hey guys,

I am looking for a thin and light gaming laptop with the 1070 Max Q. (I need 8GB of VRAM for Resolve),

Are you actually going to edit/render away from a desk/reliable power source? As an external GPU would be better in that case IMO, so the laptop part actually ends up decently portable with a solid battery life.

Then you can just use a used 1080ti or Vega FE/Vega 7, they'd be bottlenecked performance wise, but would give you all the VRAM in the world.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Are you actually going to edit/render away from a desk/reliable power source? As an external GPU would be better in that case IMO, so the laptop part actually ends up decently portable with a solid battery life.

Then you can just use a used 1080ti or Vega FE/Vega 7, they'd be bottlenecked performance wise, but would give you all the VRAM in the world.

I want it to be portable. I have played with the idea of an eGPU, but they are so big and heavy. I am going to travel a lot in the next months.

10 minutes ago, TimTomTum said:

I want it to be portable. I have played with the idea of an eGPU, but they are so big and heavy. I am going to travel a lot in the next months.

1000 seems kind of hard, but are those the laptops you'd found with the specs you want for that price?

Probably better to link the sales you've found first.

All of them are likely to have poor battery life in any event.

Maybe just buy whatever looks like it has the best screen and biggest cooler, and 17" models are likely to have better cooling solutions.

Or find some 0% interest credit offer and spend more like 1500-2000 EUR on a more proper all in one editing station with like a 100% sRGB screen and an i7/i9 6 core with an RTX 2070.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

On 10/16/2019 at 8:39 AM, Streetguru said:

Which  combo would you suggest in that case? Budget would be still the same.

4 hours ago, TimTomTum said:

Which  combo would you suggest in that case? Budget would be still the same.

Just sort by Thunderbolt 3 on newegg or something, just need to make sure it actually has 4 PCI-e lanes.

Spoiler