KVM switch help

so I just moved, and I now have a server closet. which means my servers do not reside under my desk anymore. sadly this means the old "dumb" KVM switch i had doesnt reach anymore, and is also a huge mess of cables. i'm looking for a fairly cheap-ish upgrade, it needs to have room for 4 servers, and the one thing i cant seem to find is a KVM switch that comes in 2 parts, linked together by a single cable. (so 1 box at the interface end, 1 box at the server end)

anyone have any idea on where to find something with such a 2 part system for a reasonable price? or should i just give up, and go with a 4 port KVM over CAT5 switch?

Why do you need kvm for servers? Just use remote desktop to control then? Do you have impi on the servers?

What ports? VGA?

Id get a network one so you can control it from anywhere, look at the used avocent ones.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why do you need kvm for servers? Just use remote desktop to control then? Do you have impi on the servers?

What ports? VGA?

Id get a network one so you can control it from anywhere, look at the used avocent ones.

VGA works yeh. i could use remote desktop, but since i already have an old KVM, i'm used to the workflow of having a seperate screen, keyboard and mouse to access the servers with.

Just now, supremedutchgamer said:

VGA works yeh. i could use remote desktop, but since i already have an old KVM, i'm used to the workflow of having a seperate screen, keyboard and mouse to access the servers with.

Using remote desktop just seems to work much better here. Or use a hypervisor.

I have multiple server and never has displays plugged into them after the first setup

Google -->  IP KVM

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>