PC Audio Capture?

cluelessgenius

so here is what im trying to do or thinking of doing

Unbenannt.png.02e23a7bb3907f1bdaa72b53b0df9999.png

i want to capture the system audio from 1 system on the other and output it to that second systems speakers/headphones.

i only know about that feature where you can listen to your connected mic jack but afaik that function has a lot of lag.

so do i need some sort of capture card or audio interface or something? or a mixer or something. just want to output the audio of 2 systems on one usb headset.

any ideas?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

You can connect jack-jack both computers and turn on listening on microphone.

Just now, homeap5 said:

You can connect jack-jack both computers and turn on listening on microphone.

yeah thats what i thought but from experience that feature produces a lot of lag doesnt it?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

yeah thats what i thought but from experience that feature produces a lot of lag doesnt it?

It's cheap and very easy to check. If you want less lag, you must have special sound card for musicians (like Line6 products). Recording guitar with effects has the same problems (lag) - that is why special hardware is for.

Lag can be reduced by using low latency drivers like asio with proper settings. Sometimes it can give you good effect, sometimes not.

8 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It's cheap and very easy to check. If you want less lag, you must have special sound card for musicians (like Line6 products). Recording guitar with effects has the same problems (lag) - that is why special hardware is for.

Lag can be reduced by using low latency drivers like asio with proper settings. Sometimes it can give you good effect, sometimes not.

interesting ill definitly check out asio. can you tell me more specifically what would be the cheapest hardware solution? oh and i forgot to mention the second system is a surface pro 3 so only usb/external solutions possible

10 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

interesting ill definitly check out asio. can you tell me more specifically what would be the cheapest hardware solution? oh and i forgot to mention the second system is a surface pro 3 so only usb/external solutions possible

I give you some start ideas. Now is time to dig more on internet. :)

IMO is not worth to invest in professional audio hardware if you want to use it only for listening second computer sound.

Just now, homeap5 said:

I give you some start ideas. Now is time to dig more on internet. :)

IMO is not worth to invest in professional audio hardware if you want to use it only for listening second computer sound.

you my friend...are the internet to me :D but i guess youre right ill try the software route first