Monitor screen flickering (Tried multiple fixes but no luck)

Hi. Iv'e recently came across a problem where my screen flickers and Iv'e tried multiple fixes. This includes reinstalling drivers, swapping cables, reinstalling windows. Iv'e also swapped monitors with my brother to test it and my monitor did not flicker on his PC but his did on mine and I knew his monitor was fine so it is probably the GPU.

Iv'e been using my PC for about 2 months since I built it and this has suddenly turned up. I'm really stumped and don't know how to fix it, is there any other way I can fix this? except from buying a new GPU. I did buy the GPU of eBay for £85 brand new with the box ect, only been tested a couple times and left in the box for months the seller said. I trying to get in contact but there is no answer. I do also have the graphics card overclocked but Iv'e also tried resetting it but either way it still does it.

I don't know if this is strange but the flicker does not happen on games full screen but it happens on everything else like games on windowed mode.

Sorry if the wording is a bit iffy, I tried to make it short. Also the flicker is quite frequent happening a couple times every 5 mins or so.

[PCPartPicker Part List](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GZq3FG)

First, are you sure its the GPU? Not the monitor?

Can you test another monitor?

Have you checked drivers for your GPU?

Swap your cables with another one, or use a different port on your GPU.

6 minutes ago, Necrovarius said:

First, are you sure its the GPU? Not the monitor?

Can you test another monitor?

Have you checked drivers for your GPU?

Swap your cables with another one, or use a different port on your GPU.

I'm sure it's not the monitor I have tested it on my brothers PC and it did not flicker and he gave me his monitor which was perfectly fine for him and I tested it on my PC and it did the flickering. I did test a HDMI cable over my Display port and it still did it. But I can test the different ports because I have not tried that yet and I'm pretty sure the drivers are fine, I'm using the proper ones.

Have you tried the GPU in another computer?

It really sounds like a driver issue or cable, I've had similar problems. Make sure the driver is the exact one from whichever brand of GPU. Otherwise i'd say it's gotta be the connection causing it to flicker, either ports on the gpu or more likely the cable

32 minutes ago, Nahiko said:

Have you tried the GPU in another computer?

It really sounds like a driver issue or cable, I've had similar problems. Make sure the driver is the exact one from whichever brand of GPU. Otherwise i'd say it's gotta be the connection causing it to flicker, either ports on the gpu or more likely the cable

I used the exact drivers, the gigabyte RX 570 4G ones the. And Iv'e tested an HDMI Cable on my only HDMI port on my GPU and it still did it. I'm currently going back to my display port and testing all 3 other display port plugs. I can test the GPU on my brothers PC but I don't think he wants to go through with the hassle. 

1 hour ago, i360Fantasy said:

I used the exact drivers, the gigabyte RX 570 4G ones the. And Iv'e tested an HDMI Cable on my only HDMI port on my GPU and it still did it. I'm currently going back to my display port and testing all 3 other display port plugs. I can test the GPU on my brothers PC but I don't think he wants to go through with the hassle. 

Another thing, have you tried a re-seat of your gpu?

2 hours ago, Necrovarius said:

Another thing, have you tried a re-seat of your gpu?

No I haven't but I can give it a try after I test different ports.

2 hours ago, i360Fantasy said:

No I haven't but I can give it a try after I test different ports.

Also try a different cable to connect the GPU and monitor. I had to buy a new cable for my brother's RX 580 because the one included with the monitor didn't have sufficient signal quality coming from that GPU. The cable works perfectly coming from a 5700 XT, but not from an RX 580. New higher quality cable works perfectly for both.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

On 10/15/2019 at 11:35 PM, BTGbullseye said:

Also try a different cable to connect the GPU and monitor. I had to buy a new cable for my brother's RX 580 because the one included with the monitor didn't have sufficient signal quality coming from that GPU. The cable works perfectly coming from a 5700 XT, but not from an RX 580. New higher quality cable works perfectly for both.

Ok I'll do that.