CM g550m not enough for VEGA 56?

Greetings!
I built my PC back in 2017 and used a CoolerMaster G550M, it served me well with a 1800x, GTX970 and x3 HDDs (with nvme boot drive)
Now, I'm using the same psu but with a 2400G (sold the 1800X + gpu), and now recently a Vega56.
Things seemed fine, I loaded up Forza 4 Horizon and played for 3 hours last week, saved a few towns in Just Cause 3 and added another 10 hours to Deep Rock Galactic (all games maxed at 1080p).

HOWEVER
Blender baking crashed after about 40 minutes (or less), and gopro video uploaded to Youtube made the graphics driver crash, recover, crash again, and then the system halted.
Then last night playing DRG (because games seemed fine, right?) they too crashed twice. On the second time I threw my toys out the cot and pulled the Radeon card out to play on the onboard graphics. No problems for the rest of the night.

tl;dr
Is the single cable 12V rail on my PSU strong enough for the Vega card? pic related

image.png.5c343e498b7d7ea1086fb12896d5d3d3.png

Wish-list 2017:
-Phanteks P400s

-Dell U2515H

-Vega card

35 minutes ago, SilentObsrvr said:

Greetings!
I built my PC back in 2017 and used a CoolerMaster G550M, it served me well with a 1800x, GTX970 and x3 HDDs (with nvme boot drive)
Now, I'm using the same psu but with a 2400G (sold the 1800X + gpu), and now recently a Vega56.
Things seemed fine, I loaded up Forza 4 Horizon and played for 3 hours last week, saved a few towns in Just Cause 3 and added another 10 hours to Deep Rock Galactic (all games maxed at 1080p).

HOWEVER
Blender baking crashed after about 40 minutes (or less), and gopro video uploaded to Youtube made the graphics driver crash, recover, crash again, and then the system halted.
Then last night playing DRG (because games seemed fine, right?) they too crashed twice. On the second time I threw my toys out the cot and pulled the Radeon card out to play on the onboard graphics. No problems for the rest of the night.

tl;dr
Is the single cable 12V rail on my PSU strong enough for the Vega card? pic related

image.png.5c343e498b7d7ea1086fb12896d5d3d3.png

The Vega 56 puts a lot of pressure on the PSU, but I wouldn't assume it is a psu issue just yet.  My first though reading your post was driver issues. Crashing while uploading a Youtube video didn't sound like a PSU issue to me.

4 minutes ago, FALC0N said:

The Vega 56 puts a lot of pressure on the PSU, but I wouldn't assume it is a psu issue just yet.  My first though reading your post was driver issues. Crashing while uploading a Youtube video didn't sound like a PSU issue to me.

The video is already uploaded, but if I want to do playback in 4k60 in Chrome or Firefox, the driver crashes (event log captures amdkdap recovered. regardless of driver versions)

Wish-list 2017:
-Phanteks P400s

-Dell U2515H

-Vega card

3 minutes ago, SilentObsrvr said:

The video is already uploaded, but if I want to do playback in 4k60 in Chrome or Firefox, the driver crashes (event log captures amdkdap recovered. regardless of driver versions)

Still doesn't sound like a PSU issue yet.  You should rule out software first before moving on to hardware.  You don't want to replace something and find out it was drivers all along.

And you hve gone through the steps of:

DDU and reinstalling the driver?

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

And you hve gone through the steps of:

DDU and reinstalling the driver?

I also did a clean windows install last week shortly after getting the card, I doubt old drivers are the issue.

I might bring the card and PSU to work tomorrow, test it in another computer see if that changes anything.

Wish-list 2017:
-Phanteks P400s

-Dell U2515H

-Vega card

5 minutes ago, SilentObsrvr said:

also did a clean windows install last week shortly after getting the card, I doubt old drivers are the issue

Its a quick thing to do. So i suggest doing it. 

5 minutes ago, SilentObsrvr said:

might bring the card and PSU to work tomorrow, test it in another computer see if that changes anything

While the cxm isnt the best, it should handle the GPU just fine. 

And kt really just sounds like a druver issue. Id suggest just playing aroudn with different drivers from a month ago or so. Or just reinstalling the Current driverset

11 hours ago, SilentObsrvr said:

AMD drivers have had problems with hardware acceleration in Chrome and Firefox since the release of the RX 5700, it was causing blue screens and all shorts of problems. Revert to drivers from June if possible.

update:
Installed the GPU and PSU on a much older computer at work (Intel i5 3470), used AMD auto detect to run drivers.
Blender has baked for 2 hours and hasn't crashed. 4K youtube worked fine (but cpu ran at 100%).
Rendered 1440p utrawide images (each frame about 4s), max recorded power draw around 190w and each frame punched the psu from about 6w to 190w according to GPU-z logs.

I'm beginning to think I have too many wrong parts with wrong drivers (first gen motherboard, second gen ryzen cpu, barely compatible G.skill RGB memory and a super picky Vega graphics card)
-sigh- I'll go fight it some more after work.

But at least I know the G550M is able to handle this like a champ!
so... thread resolved I guess.

Wish-list 2017:
-Phanteks P400s

-Dell U2515H

-Vega card

second update: rolled back x370 Killer SLI bios from 5.50 to 5.30.
Blender crashes but that's a config error I think.
Chrome 4K60 works. stutters a little, but driver hasn't crashed. Might try 5.40 after several hours of testing 5.30.
Also running Radeon 18.9.3

Wish-list 2017:
-Phanteks P400s

-Dell U2515H

-Vega card