Cooler Master ATCS 840 Side Panel Vibration

Hi guys,

i´ve noticed that my CM ATCS 840 gets noisy from time to time. It seems like the noise is coming from the left side panel vibrating (when i touch it/hold it in place, the noise stops). I´ve made sure that it´s sitting in place properly already.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas how i could fix this issue and stop the side panel from vibrating? Other than that i managed to get the case pretty silent with 3 new 200mm Noctua fans, so this vibration stuff is really killing it for me right now..

Thanks in advance! 

install anti-vibration pads on the fans?

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

9 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

install anti-vibration pads on the fans?

Thanks for your reply!

The 3 new NF-A20 are installed with anti vibration pads already (also without any screws - rubber only). Aside from that i have 1 small 120mm fan at the bottom and one exhaust fan in the back without such thing. Both Noctua fans aswell tho.. Do you really think thats the cause here? 

1 minute ago, Nickel16 said:

Thanks for your reply!

The 3 new NF-A20 are installed with anti vibration pads already (also without any screws - rubber only). Aside from that i have 1 small 120mm fan at the bottom and one exhaust fan in the back without such thing. Both Noctua fans aswell tho.. Do you really think thats the cause here? 

seems plausible. not personally aware of what else it could be

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 hour ago, Nickel16 said:

Hi guys,

i´ve noticed that my CM ATCS 840 gets noisy from time to time. It seems like the noise is coming from the left side panel vibrating (when i touch it/hold it in place, the noise stops). I´ve made sure that it´s sitting in place properly already.

Do you have any suggestions/ideas how i could fix this issue and stop the side panel from vibrating? Other than that i managed to get the case pretty silent with 3 new 200mm Noctua fans, so this vibration stuff is really killing it for me right now..

Thanks in advance! 

I agree this sounds like fan noise.  Try removing the fans one at a time and see if there is a particular culprit. 

2 minutes ago, FALC0N said:

I agree this sounds like fan noise.  Try removing the fans one at a time and see if there is a particular culprit. 

Thanks for your reply! Sounds like a good idea. The problem is, that the noise isn´t always there. Sometimes there isn´t any vibration for hours. And sometimes it´s there the whole time. It also doesn´t seem to depend on the load / fan speed, since i´m getting the problem in idle aswell. I´m a bit worried whether i´ll be able to identify the fan, thats causing the problem that way. But i´ll try.. 

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Nickel16 said:

Thanks for your reply! Sounds like a good idea. The problem is, that the noise isn´t always there. Sometimes there isn´t any vibration for hours. And sometimes it´s there the whole time. It also doesn´t seem to depend on the load / fan speed, since i´m getting the problem in idle aswell. I´m a bit worried whether i´ll be able to identify the fan, thats causing the problem that way. But i´ll try.. 

Thanks! 

That will make the trouble shooting process more time-consuming, but it should still work.  You said you had three fans on that panel, correct?

3 minutes ago, FALC0N said:

That will make the trouble shooting process more time-consuming, but it should still work.  You said you had three fans on that panel, correct?

No, there is no fan attached to the vibrating side panel. I have 1x 200mm in the front, 2x 200mm in the top, 1x 120mm in the rear and 1x 120mm in the bottom. There are no fans attached to the sides.