SolidWorks 2018 Glitchy interface on gtx 1650

Hello everyone,

I need a little help, I recently purchased a new laptop (ASUS TUF fx505dt). Equipped with GTX 1650.

As a Mechanical Engineer I have to work with CAD every day and the issue is that whenever I start SolidWorks 2018, the interface is Glitchy AF, basically the Interface literally unusable.

I did some research and turns out solid works does support GTX 1650 and there is no news on when the support will come either form solidworks or form nvidia.

I tried turning software OPENGL on and it basically made the interface very very slow and laggy AF.

If someone is also having this issue and somehow with help of magic has solved this issue please HELP ME!

Thank you,

Shri_Bhura

Are there other GTX cards Solidworks supports? If so, do they support some specific driver version? Your best bet is to find verified driver and use that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 10/15/2019 at 9:41 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Are there other GTX cards Solidworks supports? If so, do they support some specific driver version? Your best bet is to find verified driver and use that.

as far as I know solid works does not support any GTX cards officialy. But they work with no problems.

Thanks for your time.

20 minutes ago, Shri_Bhura said:

as far as I know solid works does not support any GTX cards officialy. But they work with no problems.

Thanks for your time.

Have you tried patch linked at the bottom of this page https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/videocardtesting.html

?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2019 at 3:29 PM, albin_tale said:

Hey Shri_Bhura have you solved the glitching problem? I am fighting with the same issue here :(

Run solidworks with integrated graphics

• 2 months later...

Update your AMD APU, BIOS, NVIDIA and Chipset drivers to the latest version. That'll solve it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 12:09 AM, RHTG10 said:

Update your AMD APU, BIOS, NVIDIA and Chipset drivers to the latest version. That'll solve it.

did this fix your problems? cause i have a friend that's having this same exact issue. thanks in advance