SteelSeries Stratus XL problem

So I currently own the SteelSeries Stratus XL which I bought back in December of 2916 (so it's past its warranty date). But it used to work just fine as my normal playstyle would be to stream a game from my computer downstairs on a bigger TV using steam link (the Android TV app) and play through there (my controller would be paired to my computer and TV).

But due to the recent windows update (I think), it has since run into a problem. So when I try to connect my controller to windows, it shows up in the Bluetooth settings as a controller and connected. But when I launch steam big picture more, it doesn't even detect it. My controller also blinks all 4 light simultaneously constantly as if it is in pairing mode, while it is connected to my pc and TV.

I have tried updating the firmware, replacing the batteries, disconnecting all devices and reconnecting them, reinstalling SteelSeries engine, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling steam. But nonething seems to work.

Please help, this is very frustrating. If you need anything else to troubleshoot, just ask.

Thanks!

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3

CPU: Intel Core I7 4790K

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB

HDD: Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB

SSD: KINGSTON SV300S37A480G 450GB

Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

Case: NZXT H440 Red

Monitor: DELL U2412M

Keyboard: Gigabyte Force K7

Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

• 6 months later...

Hi!

So I bought two of these controllers been unaware of this issue. I spent about 2h researching about a possible solution, but found no fix. Nevertheless, I did got a few hints about what causes the issue. The X Input interface might be interfering, I don't know. I've got not proof, but no doubts, either, hahaha.

Since I've got no fix for it, I decided to give it a go. I looked for a XInput emulator, and chose World of Joysticks. It instantly recognized the device since I already had it connected, so I proceeded to map the controller using the wizard. It went well.

So I decided to test with DMC 5, a fast paced game, and got no input lag or any kind of issue. So far it is working well as work-around. I welcome you to give it a try, as it is working well for me. I added a .rar file with the files you need in case you want to give it a go without using the steps I stated above.

Regards,

Daniel V.

WoJEmulator_+_SteelSeries_mapping.rar