Please Help!

Hello my names Harvey and I'm 12, I'm going to be getting 900$ for my birthday on May 17th if 2020, the computer I have right now I built myself it has a gt 1030 and an i5-2400, it runs Fortnite at 120 solid sometimes but sometimes it dips to 0 but it's good overall, but when I record or stream it comes out extremely bad. So I said to myself I'm going to build the ultimate build when I get my money, I've picked out the parts and want to make sure it will run and all of them will fit in my case! Because all this stuff is going to cost around 800-850$ and again I'm only 12 so that's a lot of money and I don't wanna get all the parts and it doesn't work here are the part list.

Case: Nzxt h510: https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-H510-Management-Water-Cooling-Construction/dp/B07TC76671

MotherBoard: MSI atx b360apro: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-B360APRO-LGA-1151-PRO-Motherboard/dp/B07CF31BW1/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=msi+b360apro&qid=1570721930&sr=8-1

CPU cooler: Kraken x62

GPU or graphics card: GTX 1070 turbo: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-Auto-Extreme-Graphics-Turbo-GTX1070-8G/dp/B01IPVTHL8 

i don't know what power supply will fit please help me guys! Also I'll get a i7-4930k please help 

Why would you get a 4930K? Those are quite old, though older stuff can be good value if you buy used. That 1070 is also overpriced because Nvidia stopped making them (so there's not many left, making the price go up). The 1660 Ti, 2060, 2060 Super, or AMD's RX5700 are all better options. 

Keep in mind the market may change by next year, but if you want me to put together a recommended rig I can do that pretty quick. Do you play (or want to play) much besides Fortnite? Or do anything else with the rig? And are you all about that RGB or do you just want performance and a cleaner, simpler looking rig? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

13 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Why would you get a 4930K? Those are quite old, though older stuff can be good value if you buy used. That 1070 is also overpriced because Nvidia stopped making them (so there's not many left, making the price go up). The 1660 Ti, 2060, 2060 Super, or AMD's RX5700 are all better options. 

Keep in mind the market may change by next year, but if you want me to put together a recommended rig I can do that pretty quick. Do you play (or want to play) much besides Fortnite? Or do anything else with the rig? And are you all about that RGB or do you just want performance and a cleaner, simpler looking rig? 

RGB is not necessary for mine, I'm getting the gtx 1070 used witch is 250...

1 minute ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

RGB is not necessary for mine, I'm getting the gtx 1070 used witch is 250...

That's a bit high for a blower still, IIRC you can get 1080s now for like $250-300, a blower 1070 shouldn't be over $200.

1 minute ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

Is the 2060 250$?

2060 is $330 but can do RTX at 1080p pretty decently, also has a much improved NVENC encoder if you wanna stream off the GPU instead of the CPU. 

If you wanna buy new, @Gegger made an excellent list, here's another alternative if you don't need the extra CPU performance:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xspZL2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($118.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital RE 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.34 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card  ($324.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($45.98 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $834.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-10 12:03 EDT-0400

The R5 2600 has single core perf a bit better than your i5 2400, as well as being 6c/12t. It won't push high refresh rates as easily as the R5 3600 in Gegger's list, but it'll still push over 100fps easily in most games. 

Motherboard is one of the best budget options for the 2000 series chips, and 3200Mhz CL16 is dank af for Ryen. 

1TB NVMe drive, it's one of the best value ones out there, barely more expensive than a 660p while boasting better writes, and having enough space for a few games and a bunch of apps, or files for video editing if you get into that (since you said you're recording I assume you'd be doing that too)

2TB WD RE, from my reading they're basically the Enterprise version of a WD Black, cheaper than the Black as well. 2TB is a good capacity for more games and files you don't need to get to as fast.

RTX 2060, like I said it'll do RTX ray-tracing in some games pretty decently at 1080p, and has the better NVENC encoder. If you don't need those, then a used 1070 will save you money and performs very similarly. 

Case and PSU are about as cheap as you can go while still being solid choices. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

That's a bit high for a blower still, IIRC you can get 1080s now for like $250-300, a blower 1070 shouldn't be over $200.

2060 is $330 but can do RTX at 1080p pretty decently, also has a much improved NVENC encoder if you wanna stream off the GPU instead of the CPU. 

If you wanna buy new, @Gegger made an excellent list, here's another alternative if you don't need the extra CPU performance:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xspZL2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($118.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital RE 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.34 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Video Card  ($324.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($45.98 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $834.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-10 12:03 EDT-0400

The R5 2600 has single core perf a bit better than your i5 2400, as well as being 6c/12t. It won't push high refresh rates as easily as the R5 3600 in Gegger's list, but it'll still push over 100fps easily in most games. 

Motherboard is one of the best budget options for the 2000 series chips, and 3200Mhz CL16 is dank af for Ryen. 

1TB NVMe drive, it's one of the best value ones out there, barely more expensive than a 660p while boasting better writes, and having enough space for a few games and a bunch of apps, or files for video editing if you get into that (since you said you're recording I assume you'd be doing that too)

2TB WD RE, from my reading they're basically the Enterprise version of a WD Black, cheaper than the Black as well. 2TB is a good capacity for more games and files you don't need to get to as fast.

RTX 2060, like I said it'll do RTX ray-tracing in some games pretty decently at 1080p, and has the better NVENC encoder. If you don't need those, then a used 1070 will save you money and performs very similarly. 
I don't yeh
Case and PSU are about as cheap as you can go while still being solid choices. 

I don't need better encoder it's really not worth 100 more... can you find me the cheapest gtx 1070 that will fit a nzxt h510? 

9 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

I might buy the stuff you gave me but will mine work yes or no?

Yours wouldn't work, no. You said you'd get an i7 4930K, that's an LGA2011 chip on the X79 platform from 2013, it won't work in an LGA1151 B360 board. The socket isn't even close to the right size and the chipset doesn't support that CPU. 

Here's how massive LGA2011 CPUs are compared to the LGA1151 ones:
image_5.jpg.9d3d61047ed0d46a4012948e1c1f95be.jpg

7 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

I don't need better encoder it's really not worth 100 more... can you find me the cheapest gtx 1070 that will fit a nzxt h510? 

If you mean used, chances are anything available now will be sold by May, you're better to wait and decide once you have the money. H510 is also quite an expensive case AFAIK, you can get a much cheaper case that looks just as nice and is built as well or better. 

5 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

Also is the kraken x62 worth it? And will it fit the nzxt h510?

Not really. AIOs look pretty, but they're expensive and not as reliable as air coolers. They have a pump, tubing, 4 seals (one on each end of the 2 tubes), a reservoir and tiny fins inside the block to clog, and 2-3 fans (or only one on a 120mm but those are even worse value like 90% of the time), plus the coolant will eventually dry up (does take a few years though). Just a lot more to break, vs an air cooler that has one or maybe two fans as the only moving part. Air coolers are pretty much always better unless you need a specific look, or don't have the space to fit them. 

Main PC 

If you could get me a list of everything I need for a computer that will be anything below 925$ that be great!! Also I found a gtx 1070 turbo for 220$ on amazon, is the turbo bad or the same? 

I would personally prefer the gtx 1070 8gb but I'll let the professionals take the wheel when it comes to the gpu... 

RGB would actually be perfect my setup is like a white\black theme so if you can find stuff like that, that be gud

2 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

If you could get me a list of everything I need for a computer that will be anything below 925$ that be great!! Also I found a gtx 1070 turbo for 220$ on amazon, is the turbo bad or the same? 

I would personally prefer the gtx 1070 8gb but I'll let the professionals take the wheel when it comes to the gpu... 

The turbo is a blower cooler. They use a single card to suck air in the bottom of the GPU and then push it very fast straight out the back of the case. They're good if you have bad airflow, but due to how they work the fan has to spin really fast and they're usually loud. Also run hotter than other cooler designs, but 1070 and 1080 Turbos do fine, they're not super hot GPUs so they don't have issues (I have a friend who used to run an ASUS 1080 Turbo before I sold him my two EVGA SC 1080s, it worked just fine). 

The 1070 8GB is an excellent card, just the newer ones can be just as fast while eating less power and running cooler. 

4 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

RGB would actually be perfect my setup is like a white\black theme so if you can find stuff like that, that be gud

You can often find RGB RAM on sale for not much, RGB strips you can add later as you have money. Most hardware now is grey/black/white so it works really well with or without RGB. 

Are you only able to buy from Amazon? Places like Newegg (basically Amazon for computers) and B&H (really dang good guys) often have more stuff, cheaper stuff, or both. 

Main PC 

34 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

The turbo is a blower cooler. They use a single card to suck air in the bottom of the GPU and then push it very fast straight out the back of the case. They're good if you have bad airflow, but due to how they work the fan has to spin really fast and they're usually loud. Also run hotter than other cooler designs, but 1070 and 1080 Turbos do fine, they're not super hot GPUs so they don't have issues (I have a friend who used to run an ASUS 1080 Turbo before I sold him my two EVGA SC 1080s, it worked just fine). 

The 1070 8GB is an excellent card, just the newer ones can be just as fast while eating less power and running cooler. 

You can often find RGB RAM on sale for not much, RGB strips you can add later as you have money. Most hardware now is grey/black/white so it works really well with or without RGB. 

Are you only able to buy from Amazon? Places like Newegg (basically Amazon for computers) and B&H (really dang good guys) often have more stuff, cheaper stuff, or both. 

yeh i can buy from amazon... and any website

may you please make me a part lister of everything but make sure it can have a gtx 1070?

11 minutes ago, HarveyBustin12 said:

may you please make me a part lister of everything but make sure it can have a gtx 1070?

The GTX 1070 will work in any mobo with a PCIe slot, and it's a standard sized card so the only ones that don't fit them are niche cases. Most ITX, mATX, and ATX towers have no issues. 

If you can find a 1070 used for $200, then you could build this: 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j9XCJb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($111.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card  ($200.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Walmart) 
Total: $887.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-10 13:18 EDT-0400

Faster CPU, RGB RAM (and a bit on the mobo), really nice yet compact case. 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

The GTX 1070 will work in any mobo with a PCIe slot, and it's a standard sized card so the only ones that don't fit them are niche cases. Most ITX, mATX, and ATX towers have no issues. 

If you can find a 1070 used for $200, then you could build this: 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j9XCJb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($111.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card  ($200.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Walmart) 
Total: $887.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-10 13:18 EDT-0400

Faster CPU, RGB RAM (and a bit on the mobo), really nice yet compact case. 

i like this one https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xspZL2 but isthe RTX

Just now, HarveyBustin12 said:

RTX 2080 6GB better than the gtx 1070 8GB???

The 2080 or 2060? The 2060 is a bit faster, the 2080 is massively faster but also like $700. 

Main PC 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

The 2080 or 2060? The 2060 is a bit faster, the 2080 is massively faster but also like $700. 

im so stupid sorry! i mean the 2060

im so stupid sorry! i mean the 2060

Lol it's easy to mess up the numbers. They have the 2060, 2060 Super, 2070, 2070 Super, 2080, 2080 Super, and 2080 Ti in just the RTX series alone, it's so easy to confuse all the numbers. 

so this build will work? and all the parts are right here? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xspZL2

Yep! Should be a full rig, given that you're already gaming I assume you've got a monitor, keyboard, and mouse already. Should perform really well and be pretty quiet, I don't think that EVGA* card is very loud, and I know the R5 2600's cooler doesn't make much noise if you tune the fan profile, since I built a rig with one and did just that. 

*speaking of EVGA, I'd stick with them for cards if you can. They have one of the best warranties in the business, and super helpful support guys if you ever need to contact them for anything. ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte and such all make good cards too, but their customer support is way worse. 

Main PC 

45 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Lol it's easy to mess up the numbers. They have the 2060, 2060 Super, 2070, 2070 Super, 2080, 2080 Super, and 2080 Ti in just the RTX series alone, it's so easy to confuse all the numbers. 

Yep! Should be a full rig, given that you're already gaming I assume you've got a monitor, keyboard, and mouse already. Should perform really well and be pretty quiet, I don't think that EVGA* card is very loud, and I know the R5 2600's cooler doesn't make much noise if you tune the fan profile, since I built a rig with one and did just that. 

*speaking of EVGA, I'd stick with them for cards if you can. They have one of the best warranties in the business, and super helpful support guys if you ever need to contact them for anything. ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte and such all make good cards too, but their customer support is way worse. 

Sorry! i was playing fortnite, yes im getting the anne pro 2 keyboard and the model o mouse can you maybe walk me through on my birthday how to set it up?