Good Mixer for streaming!

Empire24453

Hello,

Looking for a good day to day simple mixer that allows me to ajust the game sounds, Discord or any other voice chat sounds, mic sounds and able to mute and unmute.

Then able to work with Blue Yeti or Samson G-Track Pro Professional Mic.

I was looking at this: GoXLR Mini - Mixer & USB Audio Interface for Streamers, Gamers & Podcasters

Yes I do not want to go over price here...

Rather have hardware with XLR option connection. BUt  has anyone use that mixer and any good? 

This is tricky.

If you want to control different applications' output independently using hardware, you'll have to:

1. Hardware route them to a mixer;

2. Software route using something like AudioHijack and then control AudioHijack with a MIDI controller (this would be your mixer);

3. Or, use a hardware volume mixer for the windows faders.

More info:

1. Prepare your cable budget; Cables are expensive. This involves having multiple audio outputs on your motherboard/soudcard which you'll then have to convert to a line level (signal type) signal to match a mixer's line level input. You'll need two channels per application (game, skype, etc.), because you definitely want a stereo signal.

So: game -> computer out Left and Right -> stereo re-amp box -> into mixer Left and mixer Right

Then the same for each individual application you need audio from. You can see that this gets overly complicated for very little benefit. 

2. This is the sleekest way as everything is controlled within the computer, routing, etc. and you can even apply compression, noise reduction, etc. on your micr

3. This might never work and is not stable:

Conclusion:

I suggest you just keep it simple buy a good microphone interface (Focusrite are always great) and use Alt+Tab and your mouse to do volume adjustments. How often do you really need to adjust an applications volume?

EDIT:

Apologies, the "GoXLR Mini" thing just showed up. That seems simple enough unless you can DIY something yourself. Yup, go with that one. hahaha

Both mixer option that they offer is simple to setup anyway so :)  Works with any Microphones, XLR or USB.