Hibernation failed, my device broken :(

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
21 minutes ago, lxkvcs said:

All of this things failed, my device still wont start, and i'm didn't find any light emission error code like this.

Sounds like something on the mobo has just failed, since you've already tried most things. One thing you could try is plug it into an external display, but if that's also blank, you'll probably need to get a new laptop.

Hello Everyone!

I'm working on an Android game with Unity since 5 months, i'm a software developer, so my hardware knowledge is barely nothing. Unfortunetly i have a strange issue with my old entry level HP laptop.

The device was running perfectly, i'm unplugged the charging cable and leaved the laptop (with the battery inside) at home. After i come back, the screen was blank, and the device wont respond. Even after a restart. I guess something went wrong during the hibernation process.

The screen always remains black, the WIRELESS button emitts orange light continuously, and the Caps lock button just no lights at all (like in the other cases i found on the internet).

I tried a lot of things:

- Swap the two 4GB dual channel RAMs.

(Not original of course)

- Place back the old RAMs

(Not original neither, i buyed this machine in used condition)

- Start the machine with just one RAM

- Unplug the HDD

- Unplug the WIFI card

- Hard resetting when the battery and the power adapter unplugged with pressing the POWER button for 15-20 secs.

- Press the FN+F4 for display select.

- Charge the battery to 100% (as suggested in a YT video)

All of this things failed, my device still wont start, and i'm didn't find any light emission error code like this.

Machine: HP G62-b50SH

Current memory: 2x4GB SK Hynix 2Rx8 PC3L

Old memories: 2GB Adata 2Rx8 PC3, 2GB Kingston 1Rx8 PC3

Hard drive: an old crappy WD 160GB from 2009

Battery is also replaced with a new remanufactured one.

I'm written this problem to the HP forum, but i dont got any replies. Please deeply honored LTT community, help me! :(

21 minutes ago, lxkvcs said:

Sounds like something on the mobo has just failed, since you've already tried most things. One thing you could try is plug it into an external display, but if that's also blank, you'll probably need to get a new laptop.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

21 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I tried what you suggested, unfortunately you're right, my motherboard was the problem. Thanks for the quick respond.

After watching the last two seasons of Scrapyard War, i think i'm going to made my first custom build based on an old Lenovo ThinkCentre ??

Thank you again, have a nice day!