Acer GN246HL not showing 144hz

richyman
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
5 minutes ago, richyman said:

I sold my friend my first monitor, the Acer GN246HL for him to use on his laptop but it wont let us switch it up to 144hz. The monitor came with a DVI cable but we are using a 2.1 hdmi cause laptop and it should work but it doesn't. However, I think it is a hardware issue cause it really won't show anything above 60hz in the display settings. Is the monitor incapable of 144hz through hdmi? If so what can we do? he has an hdmi port and mini display port on his laptop.

Thanks in advanced. 

See section 0 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

I sold my friend my first monitor, the Acer GN246HL for him to use on his laptop but it wont let us switch it up to 144hz. The monitor came with a DVI cable but we are using a 2.1 hdmi cause laptop and it should work but it doesn't. However, I think it is a hardware issue cause it really won't show anything above 60hz in the display settings. Is the monitor incapable of 144hz through hdmi? If so what can we do? he has an hdmi port and mini display port on his laptop.

Thanks in advanced. 

5 minutes ago, richyman said:

Thanks in advanced. 

See section 0 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/