ASUS ROG Rig Reboot 2019 - Top 29 Selected

JonoT

So stoked to make the Top 29! Thank you heaps for the opportunity to win and have some fun shooting a video, i'm the Lagstation guy by the way. I've been eating breakfast while watching Floatplane every day for over a year now, so its really exciting for me to get some recognition from you guys. :)

While i'm here though, I just want to clarify that the equipment that I shot the video on was given to me by Canon Australia after being chosen to join their RedStraps Program. I can see why people might find it questionable that i'm making a video begging for a new computer and shooting it on expensive gear. Trust me, I wish I could afford that camera too ?

I'm currently working a shitty part time job to help my single mum keep up. I wont go into details, but financially it wont be viable for me to upgrade until i find a full time job once i finish high school.

Congratulations to everyone that was picked and good luck for the final decision! There's some top quality stuff in there that's completely destroyed my hopes and dreams lmao

@JonoT you spelled ASUS wrong in the title of this thread.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 hours ago, Oliwier said:

So stoked to make the Top 29! Thank you heaps for the opportunity to win and have some fun shooting a video, i'm the Lagstation guy by the way. I've been eating breakfast while watching Floatplane every day for over a year now, so its really exciting for me to get some recognition from you guys. :)

While i'm here though, I just want to clarify that the equipment that I shot the video on was given to me by Canon Australia after being chosen to join their RedStraps Program. I can see why people might find it questionable that i'm making a video begging for a new computer and shooting it on expensive gear. Trust me, I wish I could afford that camera too ?

I'm currently working a shitty part time job to help my single mum keep up. I wont go into details, but financially it wont be viable for me to upgrade until i find a full time job once i finish high school.

Congratulations to everyone that was picked and good luck for the final decision! There's some top quality stuff in there that's completely destroyed my hopes and dreams lmao

Nice! Congrats on being there, loved your take on the video. I don't think video equipment should matter much on the decision making, I was mostly stuck with a 4 year old phone and a walmart tripod (lol). Goodluck on the international entries!! 

are the videos posted on this tread honorable mentions or are they still able to win? 

Holy Smokes, Tech Man!

Thank you so much, I had an absolute blast making my Tech Man and Bit Boy video. It took a lot of late nights at the office, but I am so grateful to be considered a top-8 finalist for the "Make Us Laugh" category. Congratulations to the other finalists in the contest, and best of luck to all you amazingly creative and talented individuals.

Also, while I'm here, I still cannot thank my friend and co-worker, Sean Sexton, enough for his help with the voice acting. He really brought my characters alive with his performance!

7 hours ago, techi said:

Congrats all of you, I had alot of fun making mine and learn some basic film making.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This one was great, I honestly thought you were going to be in the Top 29.

2 hours ago, hmmmmmmmmm said:

damn my video didn't even make it into this list

sad

Same... but congrats to the top 29! GG.

@JonoT Hi, International candidate here, didn't win, but chances were very low to begin with lolz, would appreciate if anybody check this video out: 

For all those who lost lol; including me; here's a fitting video:

8 hours ago, techi said:

Congrats all of you, I had alot of fun making mine and learn some basic film making.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You didn't put #rogrigreboot19 in the video description, I think that is why you didn't made it. It was a criteria.

3 hours ago, MaxRayder said:

This one was great, I honestly thought you were going to be in the Top 29.

Me to... Well we'll good things will come around

On 10/9/2019 at 1:42 AM, JonoT said:

If you read the YT video description he said he already has a really good PC and wanted to create a fun video.

He was selected until we saw that portion. 

Sucks to be me... But at the same time there is a candidate for Best video and Worst PC. Mixed feelings about it. By best video looks like it is judged how good the video, not how bad the PC is. So shouldn't it be judged as a best video content? 

I feel great for these guys, lucky 3 best of each category going to win their dream computer setup, they will be so livid, also respect for LMG blasting through those entries, I wonder if they had 2 or 3 people on it so they can get through it quicker.

Well its sad i didn't win... I made an entire scene did a camera solve that took 3 hours in blender.26 hours to render 3 seconds etc. I used some good effects. Put subtitles and made a whole track for the video

Can you guys tell me why I wasn't in the top 10 so I can improve for next year?

PS. call me salty If you want but I've been thinking it all day and I still cant figure out why

Was it the camera quality?

1.PNG

2.PNG

image.png

Oh my god, the masterpiece, I loved the transition at 0:18 to 0:30, the music is so good, I wish there was a few more seconds of Bad PC Land but man thats pretty well done.

22 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i'm not them, but:

there's not much info of your PC in the video itself (other than it has a GTX 950). heck, the excruciating render experience you mentioned in that comment should have been IN there as well

to be frank your background story took up most of your valuable 60 seconds, so next time (if there's a next time) make it count. the core of your presentation should be about addressing the requirements, especially:

• Show us your current Rig
    • "30-60 second video tour of your worthless, lag-tastic PC that you're currently running"
  • Tell us why you deserve to win!

go watch the few musical entries in the top 25 / top 10 (2018), most of them described their current setup and performance situation in the song. that's more than enough to score that point.

that being said, you're doing good with your VFX stuff (although the camera alignment in compositing could use more work), so don't lose sight of the stuff you've done so far. we could use more artists out there, so keep it up

EDIT: it's worth mentioning that you've put up a lot of work in blender just to have it visible in the balcony for 3 seconds. the amount of modelling you've done would make more sense if it's being reused or shown for longer, but in this case i think you might have overstretched yourself ._.

Thanks for the help brov.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

oh sorry hang on, i just realised you're from greece. that's a more heartbreaking answer:

Oh wow I didn't see that... Thats sad I guess there will be no next year :(

Nice videos, congratulation!
I also enters and made a stop motion which turned out really cool in my opinion, so check it out if u like that kinda stuff.

Bruh my pc sucks so much it has 2gbram 

A dual core and intel graphics 

I gues i lost cus is not worth calling it a rig 

"Cries in 1 frame per second"

On 10/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, JonoT said:

-snip-

Bruh my pc sucks so much it has 2gbram  A dual core and intel graphics  I gues i lost cus is not worth calling it a rig 

"Cries in 1 frame per second"

This was mine i know its strate cringe but i hoped to attleast get in the worst computer range well i tried ? 

Well i live in curacao thats were it went wrong probably because i dont live in canada i should have spent more time on the video but i didnt have time so 

Well tried me 

I feel like this thread should be closed.

@Rafiks How hard is it to accept they picked videos out of 3600 entrants, and picked good ones to be in the "top 29" literally 29 people out of 3600 entries, they had the time and effort to go through all those entries just to get people still complaining they didn't win, bad luck it's just how it is, there are some good ones out there that didn't get picked but that's just how life is man.

This thread should be closed I think, I don't think any actual comments on this thread are going to come through except for people posting their videos, and how it sucks they didn't win, and they should have won.

Here's a little meme photo I made hahaha.

linusmediagroupcontest.png

Well it was worth a shot. I had a lot of fun making mine! Unfortunately I forgot to adjust the volume of mine so maybe that was considered a flaw?

On 10/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, JonoT said:

-snip-

I really thought this guy would win....

Nah, the others were much better

The criteria was to be creative and show how bad your PC is but this guy just did the creative part. All performance he showed is that it can open 2 tabs of chrome and do a 720p render in a week(quite a exaggeration).