help in game development...

Lowbuget

So im going to start making my game in ue4 and had a question,would i be able to make all of my models in blender? of not can you recommend me one

25 minutes ago, Lowbuget said:

So im going to start making my game in ue4 and had a question,would i be able to make all of my models in blender? of not can you recommend me one

Hold on, you decided to go into game dev just like that, use UE4 and you have no clue about modeling ? You seem to be jumping enormous crucial steps (not pun intended)

1 minute ago, Franck said:

Hold on, you decided to go into game dev just like that, use UE4 and you have no clue about modeling ? You seem to be jumping enormous crucial steps (not pun intended)

I was waiting on someone to comment something like this lol.

tbh game development is a huge thing, you can outsource all the modeling,design,sound effect, etc

i think he really just want to learn UE4.

11 minutes ago, Franck said:

i took several modeling classes but that was a year or 2 ago and a diffrent program 

13 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

I was waiting on someone to comment something like this lol.

tbh game development is a huge thing, you can outsource all the modeling,design,sound effect, etc

i think he really just want to learn UE4.

yeah i just want to learn right now and in a year when my freind has a better pc we are going to start game development

3 minutes ago, Lowbuget said:

yeah i just want to learn right now and in a year when my freind has a better pc we are going to start game development

Nice.

I don’t do modeling stuff so I can’t really help here sorry. 

imo you don’t need to care about modeling software right now, and along the way of learning UE4, you should be able to get a sense on what model work best with UE4, what’s best for animation, etc.

my recommendation for learning is always focus on one part at a time.

3 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

Nice.

I don’t do modeling stuff so I can’t really help here sorry. 

imo you don’t need to care about modeling software right now, and along the way of learning UE4, you should be able to get a sense on what model work best with UE4, what’s best for animation, etc.

my recommendation for learning is always focus on one part at a time.

ok shall do

Blender is really neat for game development. Export as FBX and then import them in UE, works flawlessly. Just decide what parts you want to focus on (modelling, programming, blueprints, animation, music, etc.) and focus on those; the rest can always be "outsourced" or bought from asset stores. And be prepared to put down a _lot_ of time to learn.

Yeah, you can use blender for all your models & animations. I recommend the FBX export.