Ryzen productivity benchmarks?

Are there any productivity or non gaming benchmark comparisons for Ryzen?

I'm a photographer and I'm looking for multitasking performance where a high amount of RAM is used at any given time. My system can get up to 20 GB of RAM usage at a time with about 3 or 4 editing apps opened across 2 monitors. 

I only see gaming and some synthetic cinebench stuff, but I'm looking to see real world performance and content creation performance to determine if the $100 extra is worth it. 

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Puget Systems has some productivity benchmarks for various software like DaVinci Resolve, Cinema 4D, Adobe suite, etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

24 minutes ago, melete said:

Puget Systems has some productivity benchmarks for various software like DaVinci Resolve, Cinema 4D, Adobe suite, etc.

Thanks. Are those on youtube?

2 minutes ago, Thready said:

Thanks. Are those on youtube?

They're in the form of articles on their website: https://www.pugetsystems.com/all_news.php

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I recently got the 3700x and I m working on productivity tasks every now and then. Photoshop, Lightroom. Resolve and Handbreak. 

CPU: 3700x (Tuned using Ryzen Master: all cores @4.2Ghz 1.243v | Temps on load Max 73 average 60-65 Celsius).

GPU: Gigabyte 5700xt OC

RAM: 32gb 3000mhz cl16.

The 3700x just eats anything i throw at it. I can edit 4k footage from my Mavic Air without even creating optimized media. The CPU doesn't even break as sweat. If you want me to perform any specific test to give you more info let me know.

Also check this video/channel: 

Photographer - Videographer 

Loving behavioral analysis and psychology

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Gigabyte 5700xt OC undervolted

Crusial Ballistix sport @ 3400mhz cl16

Some 15tb of storage

4 hours ago, TheoKondak said:

I recently got the 3700x and I m working on productivity tasks every now and then. Photoshop, Lightroom. Resolve and Handbreak. 

CPU: 3700x (Tuned using Ryzen Master: all cores @4.2Ghz 1.243v | Temps on load Max 73 average 60-65 Celsius).

GPU: Gigabyte 5700xt OC

RAM: 32gb 3000mhz cl16.

The 3700x just eats anything i throw at it. I can edit 4k footage from my Mavic Air without even creating optimized media. The CPU doesn't even break as sweat. If you want me to perform any specific test to give you more info let me know.

Also check this video/channel: 

I don't do video yet but I'm probably going to get into it because that's the next step from photography. 

I wonder if the 3700x distributes the load evenly throughout the cores or if it limits to 4 cores.

I do Lightroom, Photoshop, Luminar, and AuroraHDR. Aurora is a CPU hog for sure. 

1 hour ago, Thready said:

I don't do video yet but I'm probably going to get into it because that's the next step from photography. 

I wonder if the 3700x distributes the load evenly throughout the cores or if it limits to 4 cores.

I do Lightroom, Photoshop, Luminar, and AuroraHDR. Aurora is a CPU hog for sure. 

Well it is not a matter of CPU, it's rather a matter of software. Lightroom and PS wont be able to use all the threads. Other than that 3700x is a beast, and will handle both with no problem. 

I did some testing the other day, I had Lightroom recreating my photography catalogue (more than 100 thousand files), while I had open Davinci Resolve and Photoshop (with an HD image and a couple of layers), and at the same time a Chrome browser with more than 50 tabs, CS:GO and Ashes of the Singularity running as well. The system was running smoothly and it was still super responsive. 

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

4 hours ago, TheoKondak said:

Well it is not a matter of CPU, it's rather a matter of software. Lightroom and PS wont be able to use all the threads. Other than that 3700x is a beast, and will handle both with no problem. 

I did some testing the other day, I had Lightroom recreating my photography catalogue (more than 100 thousand files), while I had open Davinci Resolve and Photoshop (with an HD image and a couple of layers), and at the same time a Chrome browser with more than 50 tabs, CS:GO and Ashes of the Singularity running as well. The system was running smoothly and it was still super responsive. 

Congrats on having that many photos. That's an achievement in itself. I'm thinking about the 2700x vs the 3600x. I can save $40 with the 2700x but I wonder if the 3600x is worth it

9 hours ago, Thready said:

Congrats on having that many photos. That's an achievement in itself. I'm thinking about the 2700x vs the 3600x. I can save $40 with the 2700x but I wonder if the 3600x is worth it

Hm not sure what to suggest to you my friend. I'd try to go for the new stuff. The new CPUs consume less electricity, heat less, they have better computational power, and they will receive more performance upgrades (we will get one bios update with more than 100 improvements they say during November).

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

9 hours ago, TheoKondak said:

Hm not sure what to suggest to you my friend. I'd try to go for the new stuff. The new CPUs consume less electricity, heat less, they have better computational power, and they will receive more performance upgrades (we will get one bios update with more than 100 improvements they say during November).

Yeah I decided I might as well pay the extra and get the 3600x

I would get the regular 3600 but I want Borderlands.

13 hours ago, Thready said:

Yeah I decided I might as well pay the extra and get the 3600x

I would get the regular 3600 but I want Borderlands.

Yeah I guess 3600x worths it vs 3600 if you get a free game. Otherwise everyone suggests to go for the non X model. I got Borderlands and the other game, which I can't recall at the moment :P It is going to be released 25th of October.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

5 hours ago, TheoKondak said:

Yeah I guess 3600x worths it vs 3600 if you get a free game. Otherwise everyone suggests to go for the non X model. I got Borderlands and the other game, which I can't recall at the moment :P It is going to be released 25th of October.

The outer worlds. I'm wondering if that game is good, if I might as well just get the 3800X since I'd get both games. But I'm not sure if the 3800X has improvements that make it worth it, because if not then I'll just get the 3600X and then buy The outer worlds. 

5 hours ago, Thready said:

The outer worlds. I'm wondering if that game is good, if I might as well just get the 3800X since I'd get both games. But I'm not sure if the 3800X has improvements that make it worth it, because if not then I'll just get the 3600X and then buy The outer worlds. 

I think it is not worth it that much to be honest. Outer Worlds seems nice. From some reviews I checked, they say it reminds a bit of the Fallout.

----

Asus x570 Tuf Wifi

3700x @ 4175mhz 1.2435v

Some 15tb of storage

3 hours ago, TheoKondak said:

I think it is not worth it that much to be honest. Outer Worlds seems nice. From some reviews I checked, they say it reminds a bit of the Fallout.

If it's like Fallout then I will wait to see if the modding community is behind it and if they are then I'll buy it after mods are released.